Some people like to wake early and get to the fresh snow first. Others indulge at the lodge a bit too much the night before. Whatever you're into, you'll be sure to love exploring the runs at Catamount Ski Area.
You'll have to make a 120 miles (193 kilometers) journey from the state capital, Concord, to Great Barrington, if you want to explore it.
Hotel options are a bit sparse around Catamount Ski Area, but you can find 2 possibilities within 6 miles (10 kilometers). See which you prefer out of The Windflower Inn and The Egremont Village Inn.
Food is also an essential part of traveling. You'll enjoy one of the more popular food experiences at Swiss Hutte Inn and Restaurant (3290 Massachusetts 23, Hillsdale), just 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away from Catamount Ski Area.
Other Things to Do Near Catamount Ski Area
As well as Catamount Ski Area, visitors often swing by one or two of the area's other interesting attractions:
- If you enjoy wide open spaces, Taconic Trail State Park is a place you're sure to appreciate. Set aside an afternoon and go for a hike and picnic in the fresh air.
- Visitors always enjoy an informative guided tour of W.E.B. Du Bois Boyhood Homesite, an area historic house.
- Pay a visit to Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center and have a great time watching its talented actors perform.
- Indulge your love of nature by spending time at Lake Mansfield Park, a local recreational area.
- Grab your walking boots and take on Housatonic River Walk. This picturesque hiking trail is a terrific way to experience the natural charm of the region.