Casa de la Vieja is definitely a place worth making the time for.
It's just one of the long list of reasons that many travelers choose to visit the beloved city of Merida every year.
Just steps from Casa de la Vieja, the Hacienda Uxmal Plantation & Museum and La Casa del Mago are excellent options if you're only here for a short stay.
First-class establishments are hard to find in the immediate area. Reserve a room ahead of time to secure a spot at The Lodge At Uxmal, just 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away.
You don’t have to be a culinary connoisseur to enjoy the fare at Restaurant Choole Chepa Chi (Main Street 3, Uxmal). What's more, you'll find it a meager 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Casa de la Vieja
Whether you're wanting to take the road less traveled or explore the more popular attractions, you're not going to run out of things to do after your outing to Casa de la Vieja:
- If you are curious about the distant past, then make time to participate in a tour of Casa del Adivino. This popular local attraction gives guests the chance to see an archaeological dig site, in addition to a number of the amazing items that were found during the dig.
- Experience an educational and popular tourist attraction at Cuadrángulo de las Monjas. There you'll see the results of an archaeological dig, and even items that were discovered.
- You're sure to be in awe of Palacio del Gobernador, a historically and aesthetically arresting attraction.
- If you are interested in the past, then set aside time to take part in a special tour of Casa de las Tortugas. This attraction offers guests the chance to see an archaeological dig site, including some of the items that were found during the dig!
- Bring the family to experience an educational tourist attraction at Gran Pirámide. There you'll get to see evidence of an archaeological dig, and even some of the items that were unearthed.