ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Steps from the beach
Within a 15-minute walk of this Bocagrande hotel, you'll find Bocagrande Beach and Castillo Grande Beach. Puerta del Reloj and San Pedro Claver Church and Convent are also within 3 miles (5 km).
Full-service spa, health club
A full-service spa, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool are all featured at this Colonial hotel. Enjoy beachfront dining and relax with sun loungers and beach umbrellas. There's fun for all ages with mini golf and a children's pool, and in-room childcare is an added bonus.
The 363 guestrooms feature 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs with cable channels, and thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers. Other amenities include WiFi, refrigerators, and minibars.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
77.0% of guests recommend out of 2180 reviews
About the Hotel Caribe by Faranda GrandLocation Carrera 1a No 2-87, Cartagena, Bolivar 130001
Spend the day at the beach and work on your tan with sun loungers (chaise longues) or relax in the shade with umbrellas. Pamper yourself with a treatment at the full-service spa and enjoy amenities at Hotel Caribe by Faranda Grand like an outdoor pool and a children's pool. There are 4 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include a swim-up bar and a bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. This Colonial hotel also offers a health club, a garden, and a terrace. Self parking and valet parking are free. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 4-star Cartagena hotel.
- 363 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 3 buildings
- 4 dining venues
- 3444 sq ft of conference space
- 320 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1945
- Bar by the pool
- Swim-up bar
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Towels for the beach
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Game room or arcade
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- Onsite shopping
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Outdoor pool
- Children's pool
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Arcade/game room
- Playground on site
- Miniature golf on site
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Free valet parking
- Airport: Cartagena (CTG-Rafael Nunez Intl.) (8.7 km / 5.4 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
Hotel Caribe by Faranda Grand offers 363 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. 40-inch flat-screen televisions come with cable channels. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bathrobes, slippers, and complimentary toiletries. This Cartagena hotel provides wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and blackout drapes/curtains. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Cable channels
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Blackout drapes
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Pedro Heredia Restaurant - Overlooking the pool, this buffet restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
India Catalina Restaurant - This restaurant overlooks the pool. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Oh Caribe! Restaurant - This beachfront restaurant specializes in seafood and serves lunch only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open select days.
Karibukay Sushi Bar - This sushi bar specializes in Asian cuisine. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
An outdoor pool and a children's pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Playground on site
- Miniature golf on site
- Scuba diving nearby
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Spa Caribe. Services include facials and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and reflexology. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, a steam room, and Turkish bath/hammam.
The spa is open select days. Guests under 18 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transportation is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by 1 PM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 45.0 per night.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Property Registry Number - RNT 4253
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- The national sales tax (19%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
- Resort fee: USD 4 per person, per night
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 19 for adults and USD 14 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 1 per stay (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 25 per person (one way)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 45.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Caribe Cartagena
- Caribe Hotel
- Hotel Caribe Faranda Cartagena
- Hotel Caribe Cartagena
- Caribe Hotel Cartagena
- Hotel Caribe Faranda
- Caribe Faranda Cartagena
- Caribe Faranda
You should know
- Visitors traveling with a child may be required by the property to present the following documents: At check-in, parents traveling into Colombia with a child under 18 may be obligated to present the child's birth certificate and photo ID (passport for foreign visitors). If a relative or legal guardian is traveling into Colombia with the child, that relative or legal guardian may be obligated to present a notarized consent of travel signed by both parents, along with a copy of both parents' ID. If only one parent is traveling into Colombia with the child, that parent may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by the other parent. Visitors planning to travel with children should consult a Colombian consulate office in advance of travel for additional guidance.
- Hotel Caribe by Faranda Grand offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Pool access available from 8 AM to 9 PM.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.