Pet owners shouldn't miss Athens, a city known for its hiking trails, and sights like Court Street and Hot Dog Museum. You can choose from Travelocity's 10 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Athens and bring your doggy along!
How to Wander Wisely in Athens with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Zaleski State Forest, Burr Oak State Park, and Wayne National Forest Athens Unit.
- Other things to see include Convocation Center, Peden Stadium, and Dairy Barn Arts Center.
- Need a pet store? Try Fish N' Stuff and Petland Athens.
- For vet care, Athens Veterinary Clinic, Kroner Animal Care, and Milliron Clinic are located in the area.
Featured Pet-Friendly Hotels in Athens
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its quiet location and clean rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Logan
Dogs stay free at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its location and comfy beds.
- Burr Oak Lodge & Conference Center
Cats and dogs stay free at this 3.5-star resort, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the restaurant and pool.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Athens
Weather can make or break your trip, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. Here are the average temperatures to help better plan your trip in Athens.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 60°F in the daytime to 22°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 84°F and the nighttime average is 36°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 84°F in the daytime to 46°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 71°F and the nighttime average is 23°F.