Age of Sail Heritage Museum is an important part of the cultural landscape and a fantastic place to learn something new about your surroundings.
Amherst, about 70 miles (113 kilometers) away from the provincial capital, Halifax, is where you'll find it.
What makes Age of Sail Heritage Museum so charming is the secluded area that it is in. However, what this means is that there are no hotels close by. Many visitors recommend the St. James Gate, the Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton and the Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, situated 50 miles (80 kilometers), 50 miles (80 kilometers) and 50 miles (80 kilometers) away, respectively.
Other Things to Do Near Age of Sail Heritage Museum
You've traveled a long way, so we imagine Age of Sail Heritage Museum isn't going to be your only stop. Once you've taken it in, be sure to experience what else the area has available:
- Fundy Ocean Research Center for Energy is one of the well-known research facilities in the region. Enquire about a tour or open day to see some fascinating work.
- With a clear view of the surrounding water and a fascinating history, Cape Sharp Lighthouse makes for an enjoyable outing.
- Cape Split Provincial Park Reserve is an unspoiled piece of land where you can take a walk, and hopefully see some bird species.
- Avid ice skaters and novices alike will enjoy a morning at Parrsboro Lions Recreation Centre.
- Are you keen to spend some cash? The well-known Tysons' Fine Minerals is an iconic store on a lot of travelers' shopping itineraries.