ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
You'll find Mirissa Fisheries Harbor and Mirissa Beach within 3 miles (5 km) of this hotel. Also within 9 miles (15 km) are Polhena Beach and Martin Wickramsinghe Folk Museum.
A full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and 3 outdoor pools are all featured at this luxury hotel. There's fun for all ages with a free kid's club and a children's pool, and families will appreciate the onsite laundry facilities. Relax with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges and enjoy free perks like valet parking and WiFi in public areas.
Free WiFi, sofa beds
The 198 guestrooms feature thoughtful touches like pillow menus and bathrobes, while sitting areas and coffee/tea makers offer the conveniences of home. Other amenities include free WiFi, balconies, and LED TVs with digital channels.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 1081 reviews
About the Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & SpaLocation 700 Matara Road, Pelana, Weligama, 81700
Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa offers its guests a full-service spa, 3 outdoor swimming pools, a waterslide, and a health club. There are 3 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include 2 bars/lounges and a poolside bar. WiFi is free in public spaces. You'll find a business center on site. A children's pool, a steam room, and a rooftop terrace are also featured at the luxury Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa. A roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle are available for a fee. Self parking and valet parking are free. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 5-star Weligama hotel.
- 198 guestrooms or units
- 14 levels
- 3 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Bar by the pool
- Kid's club (free)
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Towels for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- BBQ grill(s)
- Outdoor picnic space
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Children's pool
- Free WiFi
- Children's club (free)
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Sofa bed
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Free valet parking
- Airport: Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.) (171.9 km / 106.8 mi)
- Train station: Midigama Railway Station (6.4 km / 4 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle and area shuttle
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa offers 198 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Rooms open to balconies. Accommodations have separate sitting areas and include sofa beds and day beds. A pillow menu is available. 55-inch LED televisions come with digital channels. Bathrooms include separate bathtubs and showers, bathrobes, slippers, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottled water and coffee/tea makers. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Private balcony
- Sitting area
- Pull-out sofa bed
- Day bed
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LED television
- Digital channels
- Coffee maker
- Pillow options
- Separate shower and tub
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ceiling fan
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and on weekends from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM.
Tides - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Weligama Kitchen - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Open daily.
Big Fish - This restaurant specializes in seafood and serves dinner only. Open daily.
Surf's Up - This tapas bar serves lunch and dinner. Open daily.
Mirissa Baking Company - This Cafe serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
3 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a children's pool. Other recreational amenities include a waterslide, a health club, and a steam room.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Quan. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs, and manicures and pedicures. The spa is equipped with a steam room.
The spa is open daily.
- Steam room in spa
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transportation is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 5 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- 24-hour check-in
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- Christmas Eve gala dinner fee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 16 for adults and USD 8 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 175 per vehicle (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 175 (one-way), (from 5 to 11 years old)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Weligama Bay Marriott Resort Hotel
- Weligama Bay Marriott Resort
You should know
- Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- For stays on 24 December, the total price shown includes a charge for a mandatory Christmas Eve gala dinner.
- For stays on 31 December, the total price shown includes a charge for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner.
- One child 5 years old or younger stays free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.