ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
On the beach
Within a 10-minute walk of the resort, you'll find Nilaveli Beach and Pigeon Island National Park. Also within 9 miles (15 km) are Trincomalee War Cemetery and Uppuveli Beach.
Fun at the beach
This resort features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a poolside bar. Enjoy a day at the beach scuba diving, or relax with beach umbrellas. Families will appreciate the children's pool, onsite laundry facilities, and supervised childcare.
Free WiFi, balconies
Featuring conveniences like refrigerators and coffee/tea makers, the 40 guestrooms also offer free WiFi and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Balconies, 24-hour room service, and minibars are also available.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
72.0% of guests recommend out of 560 reviews
About the Pigeon Island Beach ResortLocation 11th Mile Post, Nilaveli,
Lie back and work on your tan with relaxing beach amenities like umbrellas and sun loungers. After a day at the beach, enjoy amenities at Pigeon Island Beach Resort like an outdoor pool, a children's pool, and a fitness center. There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. Free self parking is available.
- 40 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- 2 buildings
- Built in 2009
- Dining venue
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Wedding services available
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Outdoor pool
- Children's pool
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Airport: Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.) (247.1 km / 153.5 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Free self parking and RV/bus/truck parking
Pigeon Island Beach Resort offers 40 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Rooms open to balconies. 32-inch LCD televisions come with satellite channels. Guests can make use of the in-room refrigerators and coffee/tea makers. Rooms have partially open bathrooms. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations with rainfall showerheads, bathrobes, bidets, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary newspapers. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottled water and blackout drapes/curtains. Irons/ironing boards and hair dryers can be requested. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Bathrooms are partially open
- Private balcony
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Shower and tub combination
- Rainfall showerhead
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Newspapers (free)
- Hair dryer available
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Air conditioning
Food & Drink
Onsite venue - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
An outdoor pool and a children's pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Boat tours nearby
- Scuba diving on site
- Motor boating on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transportation is offered on request. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets and service animals are not allowed at Pigeon Island Beach Resort
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cribs (infant beds) available
- No elevators
- No pets or service animals allowed
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 60.00
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 8 per person (approximately)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Pigeon Island Beach Nilaveli
- Pigeon Island Beach Resort
- Pigeon Island Beach Resort Nilaveli
- Pigeon Island Resort
- Pigeon Island Beach
You should know
- Pigeon Island Beach Resort offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation 72 hours prior to arrival with your arrival details.
- Reservations are needed for massage services. For reservations, contact the resort before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Pets and service animals are not allowed on site.