FAQs about Owensboro Flights
Which airlines fly to Owensboro?
If you're planning to fly to Owensboro, your best option is to book a fare with American Airlines. What airport is best to fly into Owensboro?
Owensboro has only one airport. You'll be touching down at Owensboro, KY Airport (OWB-Owensboro-Daviess County Regional), located 3 miles (5 kilometers) from the center of the city. Where to stay in Owensboro
Staying in Owensboro is always a good idea, especially when you have 12 excellent properties to pick from through Travelocity. The journey you've been dreaming about can be yours in just a couple of clicks!
Searching for somewhere to stay in Owensboro? The Hampton Inn and Suites Owensboro/Downtown-Waterfront are some of our favorite accommodations in the area. Places to visit in Owensboro
The historic buildings and structures of Kentucky Wesleyan College will impress any history enthusiast. Want some more ideas? A tour of the musical exhibits at International Bluegrass Music Museum is a popular activity with musicians and non-musicians alike. And that's not all there is. Attend the performance or festival of your choice and appreciate some of the exhibits put on by Theatre Workshop of Owensboro. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Owensboro
Your trip to Owensboro begins as soon as you've finished all the security checks. Here are some useful tips to help you pass through quickly:
- Keep your travel ID and boarding pass easily accessible. They'll be the first things you'll be instructed to produce by airport security.
- Belts, coins and wrist watches are to be put in a tray for X-raying. If you enter the body scanner with any one of these items, you'll be turned back and instructed to remove them.
- Everyday electronics such as laptops, phones and cameras will need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately. Be sure they're easily accessible.
- When it comes to flying with liquids and gels, all passengers are permitted a quart-sized clear resealable bag to transport containers no bigger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Untie your shoelaces before approaching the body scanner. Depending on the type of shoes you've got on, security may tell you to take them off.
- Put any multi-tools or other sharp and pointy items inside your checked luggage. Security personnel don't permit these on the plane.