Crafted for fans of MIdnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Walking tour limited to maximum 10 guests
View sites associated with The Book and The Movie
Learn more about key characters and events
Enjoy a stroll in Savannah's historic district
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Guided tour of Savannah's Historic District
Cleaning and safety practicesSee all
- Masks required
- Contactless tickets
- Personal safety equipment
What you can expect
With more than 100 printings in 29 languages; more than six million hardcover, paperback, and digital copies sold worldwide; and a record 216 weeks on the New York Times Best Sellers list, John Berendt’s 1994 masterwork Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is the book that introduced Savannah to much of the world.
Our Just Around Midnight Tour takes place in Savannah’s Historic District. During your walk, you’ll hear the real stories behind the people and events in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, as well as in the 1997 movie of the same name (there are some differences!). You’ll also get a good look at a number of the historic buildings that are also very much a part of this story. The tour ends at iconic Forsyth Park.
So…if you want the lowdown on Jim Williams, The Lady Chablis, the Armstrong House, Nancy Hillis, Joe Odom, Danny Hansford, the Hamilton-Turner House, Minerva, Clary’s Cafe, the Mercer Williams House, and all the other people and places that make Midnight a a true classic – join us for the Just Around Midnight Tour!
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
This information is provided by our partners
- Next to the John Wesley statue in Reynolds Square, which is the square located directly in front of the Olde Pink House Restaurant and Tavern.
- 32 Abercorn Street
- Savannah Georgia 31401
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app