Cover more ground and see more of New Orleans by bike!
Visit an above ground New Orleans Cemetery.
Explore New Orleans 3 oldest neighborhoods.
Learn about the history and importance of Congo Square.
Ride along the Mississippi River.
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Certified tour guide
Professionally maintained bicycle
Food and drink
What you can expect
Our Heart of the City Tour will take you on an exploration of the historic core of New Orleans. Starting in the French Quarter, we will make several stops to learn about the early development of our city in 1718. We will then journey beyond the Quarter to the city's three most historic neighborhoods (Faubourg Marigny, Faubourg Treme, and Faubourg St. Marie). This tour also pays close attention to the development of jazz and the colorful innovators who created it. Our cycling route will follow the excitement of this developing new music, while also tracing the early life of Louis Armstrong.
Places you will visit:
- The French Quarter
- The Mississippi River
- Faubourg Marigny
- Esplanade Avenue
- Faubourg Tremé
- Louis Armstrong Park & Congo Square
- St. Louis Cemetery no. 2
- Back o'Town
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years old and taller then 4'10”.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to 10 people.
- The tour includes a bicycle, helmet, and bottled water.
- The tour is a total of 8 miles traveled at a very leisurely pace.
- 48 hour notice of cancellation is required.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour.