Half-Day Guided Pretoria City Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Exploration of Pretoria, one of South Africa's 3 capitals
- Stately architecture & promenades lined with jacaranda trees
- Visits to Church Square, Union Buildings & the Kruger House
- Imposing granite structure of the Voortrekker Monument
- Commentary from an expert guide & convenient transportation
Half Day Tour of Pretoria
Live commentary in English. Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are not allowed.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Sandton and Rosebank hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you email to confirm your reservation.
- Children up to the age of 3 years are required to sit in a car seat. / Car seats are subject to availability at the time of booking. / Parents are welcome to bring their own car seat.
- If 1 adult and 1 child requests to book - child will be charged full adult rate irrespective of age should we not have other guests travelling.
- Cullinan Guided Journeys strictly follow the SA Government approved TBCSA (Tourism Business Council of SA) Health and Safety Protocols. Should guests present COVID-19 symptoms, COVID-19 testing and quarantine will be at their own cost.
- All passengers are required to be fully vaccinated in order to travel on our tours or transfers. / Vehicles cleaned and sanitized daily. / Anti-bacterial spray/foggers used daily to circulate through the vehicles’ air conditioning system. / Sanitation of hands and feet before entering the vehicle
- Face masks compulsory for all entering the vehicles (each guest to have their own mask). / Temperature checks on entering the vehicles. / Frequent touch points and surfaces will be sanitized at each stop. / No seat rotation allowed throughout the tour
- Load vehicles to government regulations to adhere to safe social distancing – currently the permitted maximum loading capacity is 70 percent i.e. max. of 8 people in a 13 seater vehicle. / Seats to be filled from the back. / Guests will enter one at a time to avoid congestion
What you can expect
Spend a half-day discovering the city of Pretoria, the seat of South Africa's executive branch of government. Stroll among grand architecture and jacaranda tree-lined streets as you visit important sites such as the Paul Kruger House, the Voortrekker Monument, and the Union Buildings.
After meeting your guide at your hotel, head out on the short drive to Pretoria. This administrative city is known for its grand government buildings and thousands of jacaranda trees, which have given it the informal name of “Jacaranda City.” As your guide leads you around to key sites in South Africa's political history, trace the country's transition from Union to Republic to Democracy.
Stop at the Paul Kruger House, the home of the former president of the Republic of South Africa, and pay a visit to Church Square, in which his statue resides prominently at the center. Then, ascend the hilltop that features the Voortrekker Monument, a massive granite structure commemorating the Afrikaans settlers from the Cape Colony. Also, see the historic Union Buildings, the official seat of the South African government and a symbol of national pride, and stroll through their expansive gardens. Following your insightful city tour, wrap up the day with convenient transportation back to your hotel.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
4.7 average out of 5 rating of 3 reviews
Sort reviews by
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app