Full-Day Mount Hood & Multnomah Falls Tour
4.8/54.8 out of 5
- Scenic drive from Portland to the Columbia River Gorge
- Visit Timberline Lodge on the slope of Mount Hood
- Views of some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the U.S.
- Visit stunning Multnomah Falls
- Enjoy views of the Columbia River Gorge from Rowena Crest
Downtown Portland Hotels we pick up at: AC Hotel Portland Downtown , Ace Hotel , Benson Hotel, Canopy by Hilton – Pearl District, Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, Downtown Value Inn, Dossier, Econo Lodge Portland City Center, Duniway Portland, Embassy Suites Portland Downtown, Hampton Inn & Suites- Pearl, Heathman Hotel, Hilton Portland Downtown, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Hotel deLuxe, The Hoxton, Hotel Lucia, Hotel Modera, Royal Sonesta Portland, Hotel Rose, Hotel Vintage Portland, Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Hyatt House Portland Downtown, Hyatt Regency Portland At The Oregon Convention Center, Inn at Northrup Station, Jupiter Hotel, Jupiter Next, The Mark Spencer Hotel, McMenamins Crystal Hotel, Nines Hotel, Northwest Portland Hostel & Guesthouse, The Paramount Hotel, Park Lane Suites & Inn, Porter Hotel, Bidwell Marriott Portland, Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, Radisson RED Portland Downtown, Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Downtown RiverPlace, Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Downtown/Pearl District, RiverPlace Hotel, Sentinel Hotel, Silver Cloud Inn, Society Hotel, University Place Hotel and Conference Center, Woodlark, WorldMark Portland Waterfront Park, Courtyard Portland Downtown Convention Center, Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown Convention Center, DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Hotel Eastlund, Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center, Inn at the Convention Center, Shilo Inn Rose Garden
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Car seats are required for children who weigh less than 40 pounds (18 kg), and rear-facing car seats are required for children 11 months and younger or weighing less than 20 pounds (9 kg).
- You must provide your own car seat.
- Hotel pickup is available from select downtown Portland hotels. You will be emailed a ticket with your tour pick up time and location listed.
- At the beginning of the pick-up time listed on the ticket you will be emailed, please stand at the hotel lobby doors and look for a Sprinter van. Your Tour Guide will arrive within the 15 minute pick-up window listed on the ticket.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions including rain. It will only be cancelled due to weather if conditions are deemed unsafe.
What you can expect
Your day of exploring some of Oregon’s most famous natural attractions starts with hotel pickup in Portland. Then head out of the city to the Multnomah Falls, the second tallest waterfalls in the United States!
Enjoy the natural beauty while knowing it's just a taste of what's to come, starting with your first stop at Multnomah Falls, the most famous waterfall in Oregon. The second-highest year-round waterfall in the United States, iconic Multnomah Falls is fed by Larch Mountain’s underground springs.
Continue east along the highway to Hood River, a quaint town located at the confluence of the Columbia and Hood rivers on the Columbia River Gorge. Listen as your guide talks about the town’s environmental and cultural history and hear about the kiteboarders and windsurfers who skim across the waters of the gorge, one of the county's top stops for these two wind sports.
When you arrive in town, you have 1 hour for lunch on your own. Pick one of the many restaurants to grab a bite, and then peruse the shops and wine-tasting rooms, if you wish (own expense).
Back with your guide, return to your tour vehicle and visit Rowena Crest, a farm stand (seasonally), and Timberline Lodge, positioned at an elevation of 6,000 feet on Mt Hood, Oregon’s tallest peak at 11,249 feet. Hop out to tour the lodge or take a short walk around the lodge to enjoy its mountain scenery.
Your day trip ends with hotel drop-off in Portland.
Cleaning and safety practices
- Hand sanitizer provided
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app