Day Tour to New Palace Herrenchiemsee (6h, chauffeur, guide)
- Private car with chauffeur
- Your personal guide
- Visit the beautiful palace inspired by Versailles
- Learn about the history of Bavarian royalty
- Explore the beautiful lake and island
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Hotel pick up and drop off are available.
- Child seats are available.
- No wheelchair access.
- The sequence of the sights may vary.
- Average duration of 6 hours.
What you can expect
The south of Bavaria contains the unique Palace Herrenchiemsee, which is also known as the “Bavarian Versailles”, because Versailles served as its template. A boat takes you over the Lake Chiemsee to the island Herreninsel, where the Palace is situated. It was built by King Ludwig II, who also built the famous Linderhof Palace and Neuschwanstein Castle. The King Ludwig II Museum, which is also located on the island, tells the story of Ludwig II’s life from his birth to death.
The most impressive parts of the Herrenchiemsee Palace are the King's own rooms, which are all designed in the French Rococo style while the beautiful gardens resemble the gardens of Versailles.
What you will see:
- Island Herrenchiemsee
- New Palace Herrenchiemsee
- State Staircase and Bedroom
- Great Hall of Mirrors
- Apartment of the King
- Hall of Peace & Hall of War
- Porcelain Room
- King Ludwig II Museum
- Boat ride on Lake Chiemsee
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app