Glide through 20,000 acres of private swamp land.
U.S. Coast Guard Certified Cajun Captains
Meet Sugar, our 8-foot, priceless, albino alligator.
Cajun Town that used to be home to the Pirate, Jean Lafitte
Opt for convenient hotel pickup and dropoff in our buses.
About this activity
What's included, what's not
1 hour and 45 minute, semi-private experience on an airboat where you glide through private wetlands
Optional addition of hotel pickup.
Live narration by a Cajun, local captain through our bald cypress swamp.
Indoor facility with gift shop, snack bar, indoor restrooms, and Sugar, our beautiful albino gator.
Snacks and drinks can be purchased, but are not included.
Cleaning and safety practicesSee all
- Contactless tickets
- Vehicles and venues disinfected
- Personal safety equipment
What you can expect
Your New Orleans Airboat Swamp Adventure awaits – with numerous airboats onsite we can accommodate any size party you may have. Our airboats hold only 6-8 people for an exclusive, semi-private experience. Glide over the water through our privately-owned bald cypress swampland. Your airboat swamp tour is an 1 hour and 45 minutes with numerous opportunities to see alligators as big as 13 feet and other exotic wildlife! You may also see beautiful bald eagles, red-tail hawks, turtles, blue herons, and many more swamp creatures.
Located in the small, Cajun fishing village of Lafitte; Airboat Adventures is only 30 minutes south of New Orleans. However, it is a world away from Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. The surrounding swamps that you will tour are draped in moss and oak trees and run deep with pirate history. The pirate turned American hero at the Battle of New Orleans, Jean Lafitte, based his lucrative operations in the small fishing village. Many people still believe his gold is buried somewhere in the swamps there.
Also, learn about the struggle of south Louisiana to protect its wetlands and eco-system from erosion, oil spills, and hurricanes.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
This information is provided by our partners
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app