As far as Florida shore towns go, Tampa has quite a bit more to offer than the rest of the run-of-the-mill gorgeous sandy beach burgs do. Of course, you’ll have your pick of sun-kissed dunes along the Gulf Coast to while away the time until the sun slips behind the horizon. But Tampa also has a world-class Bayfront, a colorful arts scene, and a uniquely historic neighborhood in Ybor City that all beg to be explored. So, whether your ideal vacation is a lazy afternoon catching up on some much needed beauty rest as the waves lap against the shore, enjoying a hand-rolled Cuban cigar during a post-dinner stroll on the bayside promenade, or a combination of the two, Tampa is the perfect choice. And, when you stay at a Tampa beachfront hotel like the Harborside Suites at Little Harbor, not only will you enjoy amazing accommodations, you’ll be close to everything that helped put the Big Guava on the map.
What are Tampa Bay beaches like?
Many Tampa beach hotels are not in downtown proper, but in the smaller shore towns across the bay. The short drive will put you on some of the most welcoming white-sand wonderlands in a state renowned for its oceanfront utopias. Here are some of our favorite spots to soak in the Florida sun:
- Caladesi Island State Park: Looking for the utmost in seclusion and serenity? Voted America’s best beach in 2008, the island is accessible only by boat or ferry.
- Clearwater Beach: USA Today named this coastal community the Best Beach Town in the country. One look at the crystal waters and you’ll see why.
- Fort De Soto Park: Another nation’s best—this time for family-friendly—the state park has fishing piers, hiking trails, and bayside campsites.
- Indian Rocks Beach: This quiet beach and its tranquil shoreline is accessible by 20 entry points, all within a few steps of unique shops, seaside cafes, and amazing eateries.
What are the best restaurants in Tampa with a waterfront view?
Speaking of amazing eateries, Tampa boasts world-class cuisine and flaunts it at some incredible restaurants with even more incredible waterfront views. Call ahead to these popular places and reserve a window (or better yet, a patio) seat for dinner:
- Sono Café: Locally-sourced ingredients highlight this delectable menu while ceiling-to-floor glass walls allow for expansive views of the University of Tampa, city skyline, Hillsborough River, and the city’s famous Riverwalk.
- Columbia Café: This Spanish-inspired restaurant overlooks Garrison Channel and the Riverwalk. There are even public boat docks so you can arrive in style.
- Yacht StarShip: You’re not going to get a better waterfront view than from a three-diamond yacht cruising around Tampa Bay. Seasonal menus make each meal different from the last.
- Oystercatchers: Tucked away at the edge of Tampa Bay, the only thing that parallels this eatery’s ocean-fresh seafood is its picturesque view.
When you use Travelocity to book your stay at one the many Tampa hotels on the beach like the Sailport Waterfront Suites, not only will you enjoy impeccable accommodations with a stunning view, you’ll also save enough to explore the art galleries, historical neighborhoods, and pristine beaches in Gulf Coast style.