When you and your pet are looking to renew your lust for life, sometimes a trip to the fountain of youth is in order. No, you don’t have to visit the day spa or a plastic surgeon. Instead, a stay at a pet-friendly hotel in St. Augustine—like The Cozy Inn —will put you within walking distance of the real Fountain of Youth that so captivated Ponce de León centuries ago. But America’s oldest city has much more for you and Ruth Bader Ginsbark to discover than an elusive stream of metaphysical revitalizing water. Boasting some of America’s best sea shores in Crescent Beach and Vilano Beach, as well as unparalleled history, upscale boutiques, and a vibrant art scene, St. Augustine delivers enchantment behind every grass-capped dune, under every majestic palm, and around every cobblestone corner.
What are the best pet-friendly restaurants in St. Augustine?
With Spanish, Caribbean, and Southern influences, St. Augustine’s cuisine reflects its unique position in the New World. When you and your tail-wagging tour mate are looking for a great place to dine in the Old City close to your St. Augustine dog-friendly hotel, be sure to check out some of our recommendations:
- Florida Cracker Café: This local favorite in the historical district has been serving up fresh seafood, salads, and sandwiches on St. George Street for over 20 years. You and your pet can people watch and be entertained by the street performers in between courses.
- Beaches at Vilano: Enjoy a taste of the finest Floridian food like fried gator, spicy jambalaya, and Ahi tuna while tapping your toes to live music on the outdoor deck.
- Creekside Dinery: Can’t decide between surf or turf? Have both under the magnolia trees in the outdoor dining area. The blackened ribeye and steamed shrimp are divine.
- Salt Life Food Shack: Prefer your fish straight-from-the ocean? With inventive sushi rolls and an expansive raw bar, you’ll be in seafood Shangri La.
Where are the best pet-friendly attractions in St. Augustine?
After a relaxing day of catching up on your beauty sleep (better known as laying out on the sun-kissed Vilano Beach), you might be eager to see what else St. Augustine has to offer. Here are some of our pet-friendly attractions in the area:
- Fountain of Youth Archeological Park: What trip to St. Augustine would be complete without exploring this 15-acre waterfront historical site? With a planetarium, reconstructed Native-American village, and a 600-foot observation deck, you might need a whole day to see it all.
- St. Augustine Eco Tours: You and your furry friend can select either a kayak adventure or a sailing excursion on the Intracoastal Waterway where you’ll see a variety of local flora and fauna.
- Colonial Quarter: Discover 16-18th century St. Augustine with this guided tour through local history. Experience the slower pace of a simpler time.
When you use Travelocity to book your St. Augustine pet-friendly hotel like the Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, we can’t promise you that you’ll find the fountain of youth. But we can guarantee that you’ll save enough money to make a Spanish galleon jealous.