Shadows of soaring seagulls glide across the sidewalk as you press your left foot down and steady yourself. It’s been years since you’ve ridden a bicycle, old friend, but you’re grateful for the truth in that old saying about never forgetting how to do so. You feel a bit more at ease as you gain some momentum, yet the scene unfolding around you makes you giddy with glee. On your right, Atlantic waves conclude their long journey on the sands of a stunning beach, while quaint shops, charming restaurants, and luxuriant lodges line the streets to your left. As you continue pedaling through this paradise, you look around and realize you’ve made the right decision by choosing to stay in Savannah.
When you book a room at any of the Savannah beachfront hotels, you can experience the food and fun this Georgian jewel is famous for. But before starting your escapade in the South, here are answers to a couple of commonly asked questions.
Where are the best restaurants in Savannah with a view of the water?
If you’ve got a hankering to sample some of the local cuisine, you can’t go wrong by visiting any of these waterfront restaurants beloved by locals:
- Barracuda Bob’s Bar and Grill: Known for its vast beer selection and award-winning burgers, this swanky seafood joint is one of Savannah’s most popular spots.
- Chart House: In the mood for a romantic evening? Take your date to this classic fine-dining establishment with a spacious riverside patio.
- Huey’s on the River: Feast on authentic New Orleans fare at this high-end eatery specializing in signature southern dishes.
- Vic’s on the River: This well-reviewed restaurant in Savannah’s historic district offers an impressive selection of wines and live music every night of the week.
- The Wyld Dock Bar: With a fire pit and bocce ball court, this casual watering hole is an excellent choice for happy hour or a satisfying seafood dinner.
What are the best beach activities in Savannah, GA?
If you want to spend some time by the ocean when you’re in Savannah, Tybee Island is a quick drive from downtown. Here’s what each of the beaches there have to offer:
- South Beach: Approachable waves and everpresent lifeguards make this busy coastline ideal for family, swimmers, surfers, and anglers.
- Mid Beach: In the mood for some quiet contemplation? This peaceful shore is the place to be.
- North Beach: Go birdwatching or read a book at this shore closest to Savannah.
- Savannah River Beach: Spot some dolphins aboard cruises departing from the riverbank beach.
- Back River Beach: At the opposite end of the island, this beach is an excellent launching point for kayakers.
Savannah hotels on the beach are well within reach when you trust Travelocity to present you with the web’s best deals. So why wait to take advantage of our great rates on rooms at Clarion Inn & Suites, DeSoto Beach Gardens, and many other Savannah beach hotels? Book your stay today, and you’ll be cruising near the sand in no time.