Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Petersburg, a cosmopolitan and family-friendly city known for its churches and restaurants, as well as sights like Siege Museum and Farmers Bank. You can choose from Travelocity's 14 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Petersburg and bring your doggy along!
How to Wander Wisely in Petersburg with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Petersburg National Battlefield Park, Pamplin Historical Park, and Hatcher's Run Battlefield.
- Other things to see include Centre Hill Museum, Pocahontas Island Black History Museum, and Old Blandford Church.
- Need a pet store? Try Boulevard Flower Gardens at Ruffin Mill, AY'DEN CONSULTANTS LLC, or Deep End Aquariums & Ponds.
- For vet care, Bermuda Hundred Animal Hospital, Lyne Taylor D DVM, and Colonial Heights Veterinary Hospital are located in the area.
Featured Pet-Friendly Hotels in Petersburg
- Days Inn by Wyndham Petersburg/South Fort Lee
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel. Guests appreciate its location and quiet rooms.
- Comfort Inn Petersburg - Fort Lee
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the helpful staff and exceptional value.
- Ragland Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its location and spacious rooms.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Petersburg
Weather can make or break your trip, especially if you're hoping to spend time outdoors. Here are the average day and night temperatures to help better plan your time in Petersburg.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 65°F in the daytime to 27°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 90°F and the nighttime average is 41°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 90°F in the daytime to 53°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 76°F and the nighttime average is 28°F.