Availability: Hyatt Regency La Jolla
Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Business Plan, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Business Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Regency, Club Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Club Room, 2 Queen Beds (Regency)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Guest Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
California high-rise near downtown La Jolla
When you stay at Hyatt Regency La Jolla in La Jolla, you'll be in the business district and close to University of California-San Diego and La Jolla Cove.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Geisel Library and Birch Aquarium.
Make yourself at home in one of the 417 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Flat-screen televisions are provided for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including outdoor tennis courts, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include concierge services, babysitting/childcare, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, a computer station, and express check-out. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hyatt Regency La Jolla Amenities
Just east of I-5, this hotel is within one half-mile of the University of California San Diego and four miles from downtown La Jolla.
This California hotel offers a restaurant specializing in Pacific Rim cuisine, a lobby grill, lounge, two tennis courts, large outdoor pool with private cabanas, and use of a full-service nearby health and sports club for a discounted fee. The expansive ballroom covers 11,800 square feet. For smaller gatherings, a glass-enclosed pavilion sits next to the garden. This hotel offers wireless Internet access throughout, including the lounge, restaurant, and courtyard (surcharge).
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Business center
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 417
- Number of floors - 16
- Babysitting or childcare
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Poolside bar
- Outdoor tennis courts 2
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Tennis on site
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Turndown service
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- iPod docking station
Barcino Grill - Daily breakfast and lunch are served in this bright and breezy café, located in the lower lobby, which specializes in California/Mediterranean cuisine, salads, and sandwiches.
Cafe Japengo - Open for lunch Monday–Friday, dinner daily. Delectable Pacific Rim cuisine and sushi are the focus at this popular, sleek restaurant, located adjacent to the hotel's main entrance. Voted best sushi in San Diego for eight consecutive years.
Michael's Lounge - Large, upscale lounge serves cocktails and light snacks. Pool tables, dance floor, occasional live and DJ entertainment.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar - Open nightly for dinner. A classic American steakhouse featuring over 100 wines-by-the-glass and private dining rooms.
Hyatt Regency La Jolla offers discounted access to the Sporting Club One and Spa, adjacent to the hotel. The 32,000-square-foot health club and spa includes free weights, fitness equipment, personal trainers, full-sized basketball court, two lighted tennis courts, swimming pool, spa tub, steam room, aerobics, spinning classes, and dressing rooms. On site, the hotel offers a large, outdoor heated swimming pool with private cabanas offering spa services.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Hyatt Regency La Jolla Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95-14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95-14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 20 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 25 per day (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.