Availability: Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Studio QueenMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Hard Rock King SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Hard Rock Two Queens SuiteMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Studio KingMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Stylish suites, bars, and dining in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
With a stay at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, you'll be centrally located in San Diego, steps from San Diego Convention Center and minutes from Petco Park.
This 4-star hotel is close to Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo.
Make yourself at home in one of the 420 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Premium TV channels and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Bathrooms feature showers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a nightclub, a health club, and an outdoor pool. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), gift shops/newsstands, and shopping on site.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in San Diego? This hotel has 40000 square feet (3716 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms and small meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego Amenities
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is in the Gaslamp Quarter, across the street from the San Diego Convention Center and a block from PETCO Park.
The hotel's Lobby Bar offers signature cocktails and ultra-stylish, cutting-edge interiors. The rooftop Pool Bar is poolside, open to the stars, while the Lobby Bar features specially designed tables with individual beer taps. Both are great venues for seeing and being seen, while Nobu, the hotel restaurant, has a classic sushi bar and serves up nouveau Japanese cuisine.
The on-site Rock Spa, with separate men's and women's facilities, features body and facial treatments, manicures, pedicures, and massages.
Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel and a business center is available 24 hours a day. Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for smoke-free violations.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 12
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 420
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 3716
- Number of meeting rooms - 20
- Year Built 2007
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 40000
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Microwave (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Plasma TV
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Shower only
- Turndown service
- Video-game console
- Down comforter
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Nobu San Diego - The Nouveau Japanese menu includes signature dishes such as Fresh Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno, and Broiled Black Cod with Miso. Dinner served each evening in the sushi bar or dining room; drinks are available in the lounge.
Maryjane's Coffee Shop - Comfort food in a casual, laid-back atmosphere. Indoor and outdoor dining. Open early morning to late evening; late-night hours on weekends.
The 207 Bar - Located at street level. Decor features vaulted ceiling and dark wood accents. DJs and live entertainment is featured Thursday through Sunday nights, with bottle service available. Guests visiting on the weekend will receive a VIP entrance pass for two at check-in.
Float - Open-air rooftop bar with private poolside cabanas and outdoor leather lounge seating. Fire pits ringed by opium beds and sectional seating. DJs and live entertainment is featured Thursday through Sunday nights, with bottle service available. Guests visiting on the weekend will receive a VIP entrance pass for two at check-in.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
The hotel has a rooftop pool, full-service spa, and 24-hour health club with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardio machines with built-in LCD TVs.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
The full-service Rock Spa, with separate men's and women's facilities, provides guests everything they need to decompress or recharge for the night ahead. Featured treatments include the Champagne Cocktail Body Soak, 4-Diamond Body Detox, and Amped-Up Sugar Scrub. Treatments may be experienced in any of 5 luxurious treatment rooms, in-suite, or in a poolside cabana. Various types of massage are offered, including deep tissue, hot stone, prenatal, Swedish and Thai. A state-of-the-art health club is adjacent.
Advanced reservations are required for massages and spa treatments. Guests under 16 are not allowed in the spa. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Thai massage
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 40 per night (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25.00 per night
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 30.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.