More than likely, your upcoming travel plans have been heavily impacted by the global spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We know this situation has created challenges and uncertainty for you and your family, which is why we are working closely with airline partners to waive cancellation/change penalties and provide credit toward future travel until April 30, 2020, where policies permit. The information below provides simple ways to cancel flights, plus you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions.
If your flight is scheduled to return before May 31, 2020
- You can cancel your upcoming flight online or in-app through Travelocity at no penalty.
- You will receive a credit with the airline that can be redeemed for future travel equivalent to the cost of the ticket + taxes and fees.
- Note: Credit availability and “travel by” dates are determined by the airline.
What you’ll need to get started
- Locate your itinerary number from your confirmation email or login to your Travelocity account and go to your My Trips page.
- Have your travel dates, email, and phone number you used to make the booking handy.
Four easy ways to cancel
Use one of these options from Travelocity to cancel:
- Cancel online from My Trips. Log in to access your booking and follow the instructions from your itinerary to cancel.
- Cancel using our chat functionality. From the My Trips page, or customer service portal, click the blue Chat Now button to talk to the virtual agent who will guide you through the process of cancelling your booking and answer other questions you may have.
- Complete the cancel request form. Fill out this form using the itinerary number, email, and phone number from your booking. After submitting the form the cancel request will be processed.
- If your flight is departing within the next 72 hours, click the Contact Us button at the top of the page to speak directly with an agent.
Flight Cancellation FAQ
- Should I cancel through you or contact my airline directly? Our agents cannot cancel or change reservations booked on many low-cost and international airlines, including Aer Lingus, Easy Jet, Fun Jet, Norwegian, Spirit, Frontier and Volaris. If your airline is on this list, we cannot change or cancel reservations for these airlines. Please follow the guidance on the airline’s website and work with them to make any changes to your flight.
- What if I purchased two one-way flights? If you purchased 2 one-way flights, each flight must be changed or cancelled separately.
- What if my flight is part of a vacation package? Travelers with a vacation package should cancel each component of their trip separately. For example, if you purchased a flight + hotel vacation package, please follow the above steps to cancel your flight and visit our hotel page FAQ for instructions on cancelling your hotel.
- Why can’t I get a refund? Travelocity follows the policies of its travel partners and airline providers. Many airlines at this time are offering credit toward a future flight unless the flight has been cancelled.
- Will I have to pay a fee to change or cancel? Some airlines allow for full waiver of fees and penalties during this event. If your airline does not permit a full refund, our customer support team will contact you to advise you of the next best available option.
- I tried all of the options above and still can’t cancel my flight. If none of the above options were successful in cancelling your booking, you may attempt to cancel directly with the airline provider.
- But what if I have travel insurance? Can I get a refund then? Check your policy to see if unforeseen events like COVID-19 are covered. You may have the option to file a claim with the insurance provider. Please note that a refund is not guaranteed in that instance. If you still wish to cancel your flight through Travelocity you may do so.
- My flight is set to depart after April 30, 2020. Can I still cancel? Airline policies are changing daily due to COVID-19. Please wait and check back closer to your date of departure for the latest policies. If you do want to cancel today, you can do so from the My Trips page, but please be aware that all normal cancellation penalties will apply.
Travelocity compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site; such compensation may include travel and other costs.