Note: All travel is subject to frequently-changing governmental restrictions—please check federal, state, and local advisories before scheduling trips.
As vaccine rollout ramps up in the U.S., Travelocity is seeing strong demand this month for spring and summer vacations. Which is why Travelocity’s “Early Bird” giveaway, timed to Daylight Savings on March 14 when clocks spring forward, is arriving just in time to give families a little help getting their plans together.
The extremely limited time offer is taking place on Travelocity’s Twitter. At 1:59am CT—when clocks spring forward to 3:00am CT—Travelocity will drop a 1-hour “Early Bird” flash sale. The first 25 people to reply to Travelocity’s Tweet and creatively answer the travel prompt will claim a $1,000 vacation package voucher to book their upcoming family travel and vacations.
To give early bird bookers and families everywhere some travel inspiration, we’ve compiled a list of the 5 most popular family vacation destinations reserved on Travelocity so far in 2021.
1. The Ozarks: It’s always fun to relive family vacations from your childhood as an adult. Which may be why Branson, Missouri is making a comeback with Millennial and Gen X parents in the Midwest.
The Ozarks—which cut through Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma—offers plenty of family fun for everyone. See a dinner and show in Silver Dollar City, or enjoy a cruise on Lake Taneycomo or Table Rock Lake. Outdoor enthusiasts can spend the day hiking, biking, or golfing at any number of courses in the area.
Where to Stay:
- Branson, MO: Lodge of the Ozarks, Worldmark Lake of Ozarks
- Bentonville, AR: 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville
- Springdale, AR: Inn at The Mill
2. Southern California: Disneyland has been closed for much of the pandemic, but parents are no doubt counting down the days to when this popular family attraction safely reopens. If visiting the new Star Wars store is on your must-see list, plan ahead with flexible hotel and flight options for later this year.
San Diego is another family favorite, with plenty to see and do. Beach trips have been popular throughout the pandemic, and San Diego’s shores do not disappoint. A visit to Balboa Park and the renowned San Diego Zoo is always a good time, too.
Where to Stay:
- Anaheim, CA: Ayres Hotel Orange, Cambria Hotel Anaheim, Dinosaur Disneyland (VR)
- San Diego, CA: Humphreys Half Moon Inn
3. Central Florida: Orlando is home to Disney World and Universal Studios, two top family attractions. But there’s more to see in Central Florida for those looking for something off the beaten path. A visit to Old Town Kissimmee offers great shopping, entertainment, rides and dining. Or take a stroll among the Florida palmettos, camelias and more at the Harry P. Leu Gardens, Lake Eola Park and Tibet-Butler Preserve. Orlando is also known for a wide array of water activities, like paddleboarding, jet skiing and airboat tours.
Where to Stay:
4. Rocky Mountains: Colorado is a nature lover’s paradise, so it’s no surprise that the Rocky Mountains have been a popular family vacation destination—pandemic or not. Add a visit to Pike’s Peak or hike through the iconic sandstone formations in the Garden of the Gods to your itinerary. For more adventurous types, go spelunking at Cave of the Winds, ziplining, white water rafting or on a hot air balloon adventure. And when you’re ready to unwind, enjoy a train ride or unwind at one of several family-friendly breweries and restaurants.
Where to Stay:
- Denver, CO: Halcyon, The Ramble Hotel
- Colorado Springs, CO: The Mining Exchange, Cliff House at Pikes Peak
5. South Texas: The Texas Gulf Coast is home to 350 miles of sandy beaches and sun, which is why it’s been a popular vacation destination throughout COVID-19. When you’re not hanging at the beach, there’s plenty of attractions for all ages to enjoy. Visit the Galveston Seawall and Pleasure Pier, or explore Moody Garden’s pyramids and grounds. Galveston Island State Park and nearby wildlife refuges are great for birdwatching and exploring some of the state’s most essential grasslands and wetlands.
If beaches aren’t your thing, then head west to San Antonio. Stroll the River Walk, go back in time to The Alamo, hike and bike at the city’s top parks or explore the Natural Bridge caverns.
Where to Stay:
Travelocity’s ”Early Bird” Twitter Giveaway Terms and Conditions:
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
In these Terms and Conditions, the term “you” refers to any person who responds, or who wishes to respond, to the Giveaway.
- Sponsor: The Giveaway is sponsored by Travelocity/Travelscape, LLC c/o NRAI, 311 S. Division St., Carson, NV 89703 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By responding, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Terms and Conditions and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Receiving an award is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Promotion Period: The promotion period begins at 1:59 am Central Time (“CT”) and will end at 4:00 am Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on Sunday, March 14, 2021 or when the first twenty-five (25) responses are received, whichever comes first (“Promotion Period”). Responses submitted before or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
- How to Participate: If you don’t already follow @travelocity on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/travelocity and click on the icon to follow @travelocity.
Be one of the first 25 people to respond to Travelocity’s tweet posted at 1:59am CT and answer the prompt during the Promotion Period.
The early bird catches the worm so its family can travel to ___________.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit a post via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Responses: You do not transfer ownership of your response by entering the Giveaway. However, by participating, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your response as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you.
- Notification of Recipients: No later than 6:00 pm CDT on Monday, March 15, 2021 Sponsor or it’s agent will contact the first 25 participants to respond to the tweet via direct message (“DM”) from Travelocity’s Twitter handle asking the recipients to follow instructions to receive the voucher.
- Notification and Requirements of Award Recipients: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Giveaway. The first 25 recipients who respond to the Travelocity tweet will be notified via direct message on Twitter and asked to provide their first and last name, email and physical mailing address. Once notified that you are an award recipient, you may be required to sign and return, within seven (7) calendar days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, “the Releases”). The award is not transferable; no award substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of an award constitutes the recipient’s consent that his/her name, likenesses, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent.
- Award: The first twenty-five (25) recipients who respond to the tweet will receive a travel voucher for $1,000 off any booking for a package or stand-alone hotel on Travelocity.com. The travel voucher expires December 31, 2021 and can only be used on one (1) booking. Travel must be completed by March 31, 2022.
Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all awards is $25,000.
Recipients are responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to airfare if required, ground transportation, luggage fees, hotel accommodation not included in award above, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for an award, recipient authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any award details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen award or award components. A recipient may not transfer, assign or substitute an award, or redeem an award for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute an award (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Award is “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The award is subject to and a recipient must abide by the providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights, if any, and of stay for the hotel.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway; or (b) distribute the awards according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible responses received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Giveaway, violates these Terms and Conditions, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Giveaway is subject to federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any award, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of responses; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any award. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Collection and Use of Your Personal Information: Travelocity may collect and process your personal information directly or through our agents or contractors. We will use your personal information as necessary in order to conduct and manage the Giveaway, and, where we have a lawful basis to do so, to send marketing communications to you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, agents, and contractors to assist in conducting and managing this offer, communicating with you, or storing data. Please see our Privacy Statement, http://www.travelocity.com/p/info-other/privacy-policy.htm, for more information about how we process your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
- Recipient Information: For the names of the recipients, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Travelocity “Early Bird” Giveaway, 5400 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy., Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75240. Requests must be received by April 15, 2021.
Travelocity compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site; such compensation may include travel and other costs.