Learn more about the local culture by organizing an enlightening visit to Dorchester Academy National Historic Place.
Hinesville, 220 miles (354 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Atlanta, is where you will find it.
Because there aren't any accommodations in the immediate vicinity, it'll take you a little more perseverance to get there. Why not ask about rooms 45 miles (72 kilometers) away at the Montage Palmetto Bluff? If that doesn't suit your itinerary, try the Marriott's Harbour Club, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, or the Ocean Lodge, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Dorchester Academy National Historic Place
Once you're finished enjoying Dorchester Academy National Historic Place, get ready to experience everything that the rest of the area has to offer:
- Midway Historic District is an old but charming part of town, that makes visitors feel they've stepped far back in time.
- Get a better understanding of the region's rich maritime heritage with an outing to Midway Museum.
- If you are interested in plant biology or just the beauty of nature, LeConte-Woodmanston Plantation and Botanical Garden National Historic Site is a fun way to spend an afternoon.
- Are you eager to escape the hustle and bustle of the city streets? Go for a jog in James A Brown Park, an idyllic urban oasis.
- The military-minded among us will enjoy taking a look at Fort Stewart. If you make arrangements in advance, there's a chance that you can have a tour.