Please enter your travel dates.
2Double Beds With Kitchenette Nonsmoking
- 2 double and 1 sofa bed
One Queen Bed Non-Smoking
- 1 queen
Standard Room, Non Smoking (Basic)
- 1 bed
One King Bed Executive
- 1 king
Family-friendly hotel in Ottawa (Centretown) near University of Ottawa
A stay at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Downtown Ottawa places you in the heart of Ottawa, walking distance from Ottawa City Hall and Canadian Tribute to Human Rights.
This family-friendly hotel is close to Parliament Hill and National Gallery of Canada.
Make yourself at home in one of the 229 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include direct-dial phones, as well as desks and complimentary newspapers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and babysitting/childcare. Additional features include gift shops/newsstands, shopping on site, and wedding services.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Downtown Ottawa. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, a computer station, and currency exchange. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and banquet facilities. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite, and additional parking (subject to charges) can be found nearby.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 3 March 2014 to 30 June 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
The following facilities will be closed from 1 April 2014 to 30 June 2014 (dates subject to change):
Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Parking area
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 3-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and small meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities include conference/meeting rooms and banquet facilities. This family-friendly hotel also offers a fitness center, multilingual staff, and gift shops/newsstands. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge). Parking is also available nearby (surcharge).
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Downtown Ottawa is a smoke-free property.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Self parking
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 229
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Currency exchange
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Babysitting or childcare
- Shopping on site
- Number of floors - 15
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Room service
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Street parking (metered)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 8
- Year Built 1973
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Self parking, Street parking (metered), Parking limited (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and noon.
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Downtown Ottawa has a restaurant on site.
Room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, JCB International
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: CAD 21.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.