So, you're making your way to Shavers Lake?
It's located in Snowshoe, which is approximately 90 miles (145 kilometers) from the state capital, Charleston.
Despite the fact that there's a fairly good selection of 14 hotels within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Shavers Lake, it's usually a good idea to book early so that you get the best deal possible. The Loggers Run, the Leatherbark and the Seneca are three that are popular, and they are only 1 mile (2 kilometers), 1 mile (2 kilometers) and 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers) away, respectively.
The Boathouse (10 Snowshoe Drive, Dunmore) is a popular restaurant that locals enjoy at the end of the day, and it's just 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Shavers Lake
You've come to experience Shavers Lake, but you might be just as pleased with what else the region has available:
- A hike along the well-known Cheat Mountain Ridge Natural Trail will provide lovers of nature with beautiful scenes and a much-deserved break from the buzz of city life.
- Pack your swimming suit and plunge into the blue water of Split Rock Pools.
- Go on an expedition among nature's beauty at 6,000 Steps Nature Trail, a well-known trail.
- A trek along Bail-Out Natural Trail will reward lovers of nature with great views and a well-deserved break from the stress and noise of daily life.
- Bring your friends and family for a day of snow-filled fun at Snowshoe Mountain.