Where to stay in Sandusky: Best areas for travelers
- Port Clinton: There's nothing more enjoyable than getting out into nature. Catawba Island State Park is just one place you can do this. If this neighborhood sounds appealing, check out the Our Guest Inn and Suites - Downtown, the Arlington Inn or The Island House Hotel.
- Huron: Get into the vacation mindset before you leave home by looking up all the awesome things to see here. Nickel Plate Beach, Osborn Recreation Area and Sawmill Creek Golf Course are just the start. Then, work out which hotel suits your travel plans. The Comfort Inn River's Edge, the Updated Cottage In Old Homestead II. Private Sand Beach, Close To Cedar Point and the Located in Old Homestead II Huron are popular options.
- Lakeside: If you want to stay in an area with family-friendly attractions and good hotels, this side of town will be a good fit. Let the kids tire themselves out at Train-O-Rama. Come nighttime, get them settled in bed and rest up at the Majestic Motel, the South Beach Resort Hotel or the Brand new Lakeside Cottage With Porch & Deck - Steps to Pool, Fitness & Tennis.
- Marblehead: If your goal is to tick off as many attractions as you can on your vacation, this neighborhood has your name written all over it. Make Marblehead Lighthouse your first stop before moving on to Train-O-Rama and The Keeper’s House. When your feet need a break, kick your shoes off and flop into a cozy bed at the Majestic Motel, the South Beach Resort Hotel or the Brand new Lakeside Cottage With Porch & Deck - Steps to Pool, Fitness & Tennis.
- Vermilion: This is a superb place to stay if you're in the mood for sightseeing. With Paper Moon Winery, Sherod Park and Main Street Beach all in the area, there's lots to see and do. When you're done for the day, find yourself a cozy bed at the Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Vermilion, the Motel Plaza or the Lake Erie Lakefront!.
Sandusky flight + hotel packages
Top Sandusky hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Sandusky
There is no better trip for the roller coaster lover than a vacation in Sandusky, Ohio. It's home to Cedar Point, which features the largest collection of roller coasters in the world. Situated at the northern end of the state on the banks of Lake Erie, Sandusky is known as Tree City U.S.A.
Sandusky hotels are located on the mainland, and Cedar Point is across a causeway on Pelee Island. Known as "America's Roller Coast," this amusement park features over 17 coasters to get your scream on. Rides like Gatekeeper and Millennium Force were the tallest, fastest, or longest in the world at installation. You will be spoiled for amusement parks here. One of the largest indoor water parks in the world is minutes away—Great Wolf Resorts. Reserve a car rental in Sandusky and travel to nearby Kalahari, an indoor African-themed water park in Perkins Township. Many of the nearby islands—like Put-in-Bay, Kelleys Island, and the three Bass Islands—are popular with tourists.
Recurring Festivals and Events
Plan your Sandusky vacations at different times of the year to enjoy seasonal activities. During the summer months, there are many festivals and activities. Island Fest on Kelleys Island celebrates the island's pirate-ridden history. Music lovers will enjoy the music fest Rock on the Dock. Midsummer is also when you can watch the annual Barge Party, when boats from Toledo to Cleveland converge on the town for family fun in the sun. In the colder months, you can drink hot cocoa and ride in a carriage to view light displays with over 2 million lights at Upper's Winter Fantasy of Lights.
Ready to come scream your head off on a roller coaster? Planning Sandusky vacation packages is easy with Travelocity; you can save up to $537 when you book a hotel and flight at the same time.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Sandusky?
How long should my Sandusky vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Sandusky?
Why should I purchase my Sandusky vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Sandusky car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Sandusky?
Which airport is best for Sandusky?
What is there to do in Sandusky?
Where should I stay when visiting Sandusky?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.