ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Your stay at this Waikiki hotel places you within 2 miles (3 km) of Ala Moana Center and Honolulu Zoo. University of Hawaii at Manoa and Aloha Tower are also within 3 miles (5 km).
A full-service spa, a nightclub, and 2 outdoor pools are all featured at this luxury hotel. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center, free WiFi in public areas, and valet parking. Make the most of the fitness center and a rooftop terrace, and relax with drinks at one of the 2 poolside bars.
Free Internet, comfy beds
The 353 guestrooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, LCD TVs with cable channels, and thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers. Pillowtop beds, iPod docks, and 24-hour room service are also available.
The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts ratings based on 25 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts
Nice hotel with poolside dining
I'm recommending this hotel on the luxury feel it provides and not much more.
The room was very comfortable. Food Great. Not an overcrowded tourist trap.
First Time In Hawaii
Simply put, this hotel was awesome.
Nice quiet part of Waikiki. Wonderful staff. Fun pool area.
About the The Modern Honolulu by Diamond ResortsLocation 1775 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, HI 96815
The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts offers its guests 2 outdoor swimming pools and a fitness center. There's a restaurant on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 poolside bars. A computer station is on site, and both WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. Business amenities include a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms. A nightclub, a rooftop terrace, and spa services are also featured at the luxury The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts. Parking is available for a fee. This 4.5-star Honolulu hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 353 guestrooms or units
- 18 levels
- 2 bars by the pool
- 8 conference rooms
- Built in 1964
- Dining venue
- Terrace on the roof
- Business center (24 hours)
- Conference center
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Onsite shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.) (13.9 km / 8.6 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts offers 353 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and laptop-compatible safes. Pillowtop beds feature down comforters and premium bedding. 46-inch LCD televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include bathtubs or showers, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottled water and coffee/tea makers. Refrigerators, in-room massages, and irons/ironing boards can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Pillowtop beds
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Refrigerator available
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Down blanket
- Bathtub or shower
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board available
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy cooked-to-order breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.
Passageways - Overlooking the pool, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include 2 outdoor pools and fitness facilities.
The activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Guests can pamper themselves with a trip to the onsite spa, which has 2 treatment rooms. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs, and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 16 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 75.0 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- No cribs (infant beds) available
- Tax ID - TA-079-357-5424-01
- 24-hour check-in
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 30.00 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Beach access
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 45 for adults, USD 10 and USD 25 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Honolulu Modern
- Modern Honolulu
- Modern Hotel
- Modern Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
You should know
- Up to 2 children 16 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.