Leave you smartphone behind and take some respite from the stresses of modern life at Bear Glacier.
It is situated in Seward. If you aren't familiar with that name, it is 550 miles (885 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Juneau (and vicinity).
On the lookout for somewhere to bed down? You won't find any hotels nearby, but you can select from several a bit farther out. The Best Western Plus Edgewater Hotel, the Breeze Inn and the Sauerdough Lodging are a selection of the most conveniently located ones, situated 10 miles (16 kilometers), 11 miles (18 kilometers) and 10 miles (16 kilometers) away, respectively.
Other Things to Do Near Bear Glacier
In addition to Bear Glacier, here is a list of more things in the region that you may want to do:
- Even if you're not ready to climb to the highest peak, gazing at Mount Marathon from below is still an awesome experience.
- Resurrection Bay is the ideal spot to enjoy a boat ride or to try and spot some sea animals.
- Let yourself be transported to a captivating aquatic paradise at Alaska SeaLife Center.
- History doesn't always come to life in lecture halls, but the exhibits at Chugach Heritage Center provide an enriching experience for all visitors, young and old.
- Check out the interesting exhibitions displayed at Seward Museum.