Cultural attractions allow us to experience the true essence of a place and its people. Barbour County Historical Museum allows us a close-up look at this exciting area of the globe.
You'll find it in Bridgeport, approximately 100 miles (161 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Charleston.
Accommodation options within close reach are in short supply, with just 1 hotel available. After a nice breakfast at the Mountaineer Inn, it shouldn't take long to get to Barbour County Historical Museum, just 3 miles (5 kilometers) away.
Sheetz (125 North Main Street, Philippi) is a mere 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away. You might find it by following the smell of coffee.
Other Things to Do Near Barbour County Historical Museum
Once you're finally finished with Barbour County Historical Museum, you aren't going to run out of things to do with all of the additional possibilities in the region:
- As the water streams underneath Philippi Covered Bridge, try to comprehend how much effort that was required to build this significant landmark.
- No matter your scholarly background, a scheduled tour through the bustling campus of Alderson Broaddus University will have you wishing that you and your friends were on your way to a lecture.
- Take part in a guided tour of Adaland Mansion, a historic residence.
- Take in the sights and sounds of the great outdoors as you hike through Audra State Park.
- Enjoy beautiful scenery and connect with nature at Tygart Lake State Park.