Availability: Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Deluxe Room, River ViewMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Deluxe Room, BalconyMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Horizon Club, Double RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Executive Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Horizon Club, Single RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests
Krungthep Deluxe, Single Room, BalconyMax Occupancy: 2 guests
Krungthep Deluxe, Double Room, BalconyMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Riverside comfort in downtown Bangkok
A stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok places you in the heart of Bangkok, minutes from Wat Yan Nawa and close to Wat Arun.
This 5-star hotel is close to Wat Pho and Grand Palace.
Make yourself at home in one of the 802 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. 40-inch flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor tennis court, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can get to nearby shops on the complimentary shuttle.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dining is also available at a coffee shop/café, and 24-hour room service is provided. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and a computer station. Planning an event in Bangkok? This hotel has 62172 square feet (5776 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting/conference room. A ferry terminal shuttle is provided at no charge (available 24 hours), and free valet parking is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok Amenities
The riverside Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok features 802 guestrooms and extensive facilities in 2 wings and 25 stories. The tropical grounds are almost 1 square km (0.38 square mile), and are landscaped with native Thai flora. A free-form pool and the surrounding sun terraces sit adjacent to the Chao Phraya River. The hotel offers a floodlit tennis court, a day spa, a well-equipped fitness centre, and a health club offering classes in aerobics, yoga, pilates, and dance. Near the health club is a beauty salon. The hotel also offers a number of on-site shopping options. A free shuttle can also take guests to an outside shopping center. Five restaurants and 3 bars are on site, and the hotel offers further dining options aboard its nightly cruises. Other amenities include a clubhouse, supervised child care for a fee, and a free ferry terminal shuttle. Secure covered parking is free.
- Ferry terminal shuttle (complimentary)
- Shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- Outdoor tennis court
- Pool sun loungers
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 25
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Snack bar/deli
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 802
- Designated smoking areas
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 62172
- Free self parking
- Shopping on site
- Steam room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Computer station
- Free valet parking
- Conference space size (meters) - 5776
- Tennis on site
- Year Built 1986
- 24-hour business center
- Conference center
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free self parking, Free valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Flat-panel TV
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- DVD player
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Private bathroom
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Soundproofed rooms
- Free wired high-speed Internet
Next2 - Café & Terrace - Located on the river. A la carte menus available. Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Salathip - Thai cuisine. Serves dinner. Reservations required.
Shang Palace - Chinese cuisine. Serves lunch and dinner. Reservations required.
Angelini - Serves authentic Italian cuisine and world-class wines. Serves dinner. Reservations required.
The Chocolate Boutique - Offers a variety of chocolates.
Riverside Lounge - Serves afternoon tea, light snacks, and cocktails. Open late night.
The Long bar - Serves beverages and Italian-inspired snacks. Open late night.
Lobby Lounge - Overlooks the river. Open late night. Serves beverages and snacks.
Horizon Cruise - International and Asian buffet. Offers a river cruise three nights a week. Serves dinner. Reservations required.
Breakfast - A breakfast buffet with hot items is served daily from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a surcharge.
2 riverside swimming pools, tennis courts, and a well-equipped fitness center with a range of classes are available. The fitness center, one of the largest in Bangkok, is a 10,7600-square foot (10,000-square meter) luxury sports and fitness complex designed to fulfill your every exercise need. The fitness center features over 40 different sports and fitness options under one roof, offering the most popular and progressive facilities, daily aerobics, dance, and personal training classes.
The recreational activities listed below are available at or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes on site
- Tennis on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Aerobics on site
The Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok's CHI, The Spa is modelled on a Tibetan temple. At 994 square metres (10,700 square feet) and with 12 treatment rooms, it is one of the largest spa facilities in Bangkok. The spa has views of the river, and houses 4 "couples suites," 2 single suites, 3 suites with private facilities, a spa pool, an outdoor spa tub, and a boutique. Some 30 treatments include Himalayan bath therapy and milk-honey wraps.
Chi, the universal life force that governs well-being and vitality, is integral to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. The hotel spa's signature therapies balance yin and yang while harmonising the 5 elements of metal, water, wood, fire, and earth. The Shangri-La legend, set in the Himalayan Mountains, provides the concept of fusing ancient healing traditions, philosophies, and rituals. In order to provide customised treatments, a questionnaire determining element sign is offered to guests upon arrival.
Nine private spa suites have expansive views of the Chao Praya River and private access to the exclusive swimming pool in the luxury Krungthep wing. The CHI spa also includes an infinity bath with colour therapy, herbal steam and shower, relaxation lounge, and changing, toilet, and vanity areas. Guests can select from more than 35 specialised body, water, massage, and facial therapies.
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 12
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: THB 860 per person (approximately)
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
Krungthep Wing Benefits
Book a stay in a Krungthep Deluxe Balcony Room and receive the following benefits:
- Butler service on call
- Complimentary breakfast at the Riverside Lounge NEXT2 or Horizon Club Lounge
- Fruit juice, soft drinks, tea or coffee at the lounge or by the pool throughout the day
- Afternoon tea, and early evening cocktails and canapés at the Riverside Lounge or Horizon Club Lounge
- Complimentary pressing of 2 garments per guest/stay
- Use of laptop computers, available upon request
- Unlimited Internet access in guestroom and complimentary wireless Internet access at the Riverside Lounge
- Priority restaurant and banquet reservations