Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
- 1 double
- 2 twin
Superior Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
Deluxe Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
- 1 double
The celebrated NH Doleen, Amsterdam’s oldest hotel in the city’s historic center.
NH Doelen is in the heart of Amsterdam, walking distance from Allard Pierson Museum and Muntplein.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Munttoren and Kalverstraat.
Make yourself at home in one of the 85 guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include direct-dial phones, as well as safes and desks.
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, supervised childcare/activities, and babysitting/childcare. This hotel also features shopping on site and wedding services.
Enjoy a bite to eat at a coffee shop/café, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's room service (during limited hours).
Featured amenities include audiovisual equipment, technology support staff, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Amsterdam? This hotel has facilities measuring 861 square feet (80 square meters), including conference/meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge at scheduled times.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
NH Doelen is on the Amstel River about a 5-minute walk from Rembrandt Square, a 20-minute walk from the Rijksmuseum, and a 25-minute walk from the Anne Frank House. The hotel is centrally located in Amsterdam, with public transportation options nearby.
A domed clock crowns the impressive red brick and stone hotel. The six-story atrium lobby is ringed by galleries. Over the years, the hotel has hosted such illustrious guests as Queen Victoria, the Beatles, and Elisabeth of Bavaria (Empress Sisi). Rembrandt purportedly painted his famous Night Watch on the hotel's third floor. The property was built in 1883.
The hotel’s breakfast room, with large windows overlooking the Amstel River, serves a daily buffet breakfast (surcharge). Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby. Boat tours (surcharge) depart from NH Doelen's private landing. The hotel also offers bicycle rentals, an airport shuttle (surcharge), cafe, gift shop, ATM, 861 square feet of meeting space, and supervised child care activities.
NH Doelen welcomes pets.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Total number of rooms - 85
- Number of floors - 5
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Audiovisual equipment
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1883
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 861
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 80
- Shopping on site
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Technology support staff
- Free Wi-Fi
- Medical assistance available
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 3
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Satellite TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private bathroom
- Pillow menu
Breakfast is available for a surcharge. The hotel also offers room service during limited hours.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Boat launch on site
- Dock on site
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 20 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 16 per person (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 50 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per pet
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 45 per night
- Additional Details
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Milieubarometer (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.