Travelocity “Travel For Good™” Voluntourism Giveaway
Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Contest. Participation in the Contest is deemed acceptance of these “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Contest.
1. Eligibility: The Travelocity Travel For Good Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry, and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Employees of Travelocity, HelloWorld, Inc., their parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, prize suppliers and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Travelocity.com/Travelscape, LLC c/o NRAI, 311 S. Division St., Carson, NV 89703(“Sponsor”). HelloWorld, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 is the Administrator (“Administrator”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 am ET on Monday, October 3, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
The Contest is comprised of two (2) entry periods as outlined in the chart below (each, an “Entry Period”).
Starts at 12:00 AM ET on:
Ends at 11:59 PM ET on:
Grand Prize Winner(s) announced on or about:
October 3, 2016
October 31, 2016
November 15, 2016
November 1, 2016
November 30, 2016
December 15, 2016
During the Promotion Period, enter the Contest on Tumblr using the online entry form or, Tweet on Twitter a travel destination that you want to visit, to Travel For Good and include the hashtags #TravelForGood and #Contest. You may include a photo, video or Vine video in your entry or Tweet although it is not required. Your Tweet or entry will be referred to as your submission (“Submission”). If entrant proposes international travel, entrant must have a valid passport and any other documents necessary for international travel. By Tweeting your Submission or entering on Tumblr, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit a Post or Tweet via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
Photo and Video Guidelines:
· The Submission must be in English
· The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
· Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor;
· The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
· The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by the organization or charity you would like to travel to in order to volunteer under the Travel For Good program or Sponsor;
· The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
· The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
· The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
· The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may upload up to twenty-five (25) Submissions per day per Account during the Contest Period. Submissions will carry over into subsequent Entry Periods. Submissions received from any person or Account in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display, such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined after each Entry Period by a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
· Quality of Submission
· Fit to Theme
· Charitable Social Impact
The Entrant with the highest score for each applicable Entry Period based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed a potential Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Fit to Theme, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner for that applicable Entry Period. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than one (1) winner per Entry Period, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
7. Sponsor’s Rights to Submissions: By entering the Contest and submitting a Submission, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Tumblr or Twitter Rules, grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Submission (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Submission (and each component thereof) in favor of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Submission (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to disqualify any Submission (or any component thereof) if a complaint is received with respect to the Submission, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Submission and/or the associated entrant.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter (or via email if the entry was submitted on Tumblr) and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, mail and/or email address. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @Travelocity or @TravelForGood and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” A potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within three (3) days of date of issuance. If documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received as soon as reasonably possible.Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by direct message on Twitter (or via email if the entry was submitted on Tumblr) within three (3) business days of the drawing, and will be asked to provide the same information as requested above. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted for a prize. Except where prohibited, potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
9. Prizes: Two (2) potential Contest Grand Prize winners, (one (1) winner for the first Entry Period and one (1) for the second Entry Period), will each receive a prize that consists of a trip package up to $15,000USD to a destination of the Winner’s choice in order to Travel For Good and a donation of $5,000USD to their charity of choice. Charity must be a registered 501© (3) and provide any documentation requested by Sponsor to in order to confirm its status.
Trip package includes: Round trip, economy-class air transportation for winner and up to three (3) travel partner(s) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor, or Administrator, in its sole discretion) to a destination of the winner’s choice; up to seven (7) nights’ accommodations at a hotel (double occupancy); a $350USD per diem for winner for up to seven (7) nights; and $2,000USD to cover additional expenses, including taxes on the Prize. The Grand Prize has an ARV of up to $15,000USD.
Winner must travel on dates determined by Sponsor or Administrator in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Winner may book any combination of airfare/hotel/car (depending on the number of travelers, dates and destination of travel) as long as all travel and accommodations total no more than $10,550. Per diem and cash amount of prize are not included in the total available for the booking of the travel arrangements. Travel must be booked by June 30, 2017 and completed by December 31, 2017. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight, or if winner does not secure the proper travel documents or requirements (i.e., visas, passports, vaccinations, etc.) in time for travel to occur as scheduled. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless a child of winner, travel companion(s) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on the same itinerary at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her place of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion(s) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. If international travel, winner and travel companion(s) are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if winner’s activity is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the each Grand Prize trip is Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000). The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment and time of travel. Any difference between the ARV and actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. It is expected that any unused portion of the Prize will be donated to the charity of winner’s choice. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. No cancellation, re-booking, transfer or assignment will be allowed. Winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
The total ARV of all Grand Prizes is Thirty Thousand Dollars ($30,000 each for 2 trips). The total ARV for charitable donation is Ten Thousand Dollars ($5,000 each for 2 charities). The total ARV of all prizes and donations is Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000).
A winner is responsible for all taxes and fees on prizes and expenses, including, without limitation, federal, state and local sales, and income taxes, luxury taxes and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, the Contest Platforms, their parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; © printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, compensatory, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, including its choice of laws provision.
14. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Administrator, Travelocity Travel For Good, 5400 LBJ Freeway Suite 500 Dallas, TX 75240. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.