ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Central Berkeley getaway
Your stay at this Claremont hotel places you within 2 miles (3 km) of Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive and Greek Theater. Memorial Stadium and People's Park are also within 2 miles (3 km).
A full-service spa, 3 outdoor pools, and 8 outdoor tennis courts are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. There's fun for all ages with a children's club and a children's pool, and supervised childcare is an added bonus. Relax with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges and get perks like free WiFi.
Free Internet, flat-screen TVs
The 276 guestrooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, flat-screen TVs with digital channels, and thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers. Other amenities include 24-hour room service, minibars, and premium bedding.
Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel ratings based on 21 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel
Nice Hotel close to the University of California.
Very comfortable and the staff is very attentive.
Loved the history and the peaceful vibe
A beautiful vintage hotel in a lovely setting!
Classic hotel...wonderful and charming
Very nice stay!
Beautiful, relaxing hotel
This hotel is one of my favorites, it is very special.
I stayed by myself for a few days. It felt very comfortable.
About the Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont HotelLocation 41 Tunnel Road, Berkeley, CA 94705
Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel offers its guests a full-service spa, 3 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a health club. There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include 2 bars/lounges and a poolside bar. WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. Business amenities include a business center and meeting rooms. A children's pool, a sauna, and spa services are also featured at the luxury Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel. For a fee, parking is available. A complete renovation of Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel was completed in March 2016. This 5-star Berkeley hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 276 guestrooms or units
- 9 levels
- 2 bars or lounges
- 10 conference rooms
- Built in 1915
- Dining venue
- Bar by the pool
- Coffee shop
- Kid's club (surcharge)
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers for purchase
- Onsite shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.) (23 km / 14.3 mi)
- Train station: Emeryville Station (5.5 km / 3.4 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel offers 276 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Beds feature premium bedding. 47-inch flat-screen televisions come with premium digital channels, video-game consoles, and pay movies. Bathrooms include bathtubs or showers, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary weekday newspapers, as well as phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and hair dryers. Microwaves, refrigerators, and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Digital channels
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- Refrigerator available
- Microwave available
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Bathtub or shower
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Weekday newspapers (free)
- Local calls (free)
- Gaming console
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy continental breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and on weekends from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
Limewood Bar & Restaurant - Overlooking the ocean and garden, this restaurant specializes in Californian cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
Lobby Lounge & Bar - Overlooking the ocean and garden, this lobby lounge serves light fare only. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Access to the Claremont's health club and activities is included in the resort surcharge. Ten tennis courts are available for play, with equipment rental for a nominal fee. A patio accommodates outdoor lap pools, one 25 yards and the other 25 meters; a spa tub, and chaise lounges. A mind/body center offers a Pilates studio and full schedule of aerobic, yoga, and body sculpting classes. A spin studio, cardio room with bikes, treadmills, Stairmasters, and elliptical trainers are adjacent to the weight training rooms.
Four golf courses, both 18-hole and 9-hole—with driving ranges—are located within a 20-minute drive of the hotel. Hiking and biking trails are located just off the hotel property.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes on site
- Playground on site
- Free bicycles on site
- Fitness classes on site
- Tennis lessons on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The Spa at the Claremont Hotel Club offers massage treatments, facial treatments, and yoga classes.
Visits to The Fairmont Spa at the Claremont include pre-spa amenities such as the steam room, spa tub, and lounge. Guests can choose from healing services such as acupuncture and skin-care treatments.
- Number of treatment rooms 32
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Sports massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 99 per accommodation, per stay
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 2 per room
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 29.00 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Children's club/arcade access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 99 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Claremont Club Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel
- Claremont Club Fairmont Hotel Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley
- Claremont Club Fairmont Hotel
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Club Fairmont Hotel Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Club Fairmont Hotel
- Claremont Club Fairmont Berkeley
- Claremont Club Fairmont
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
You should know
- Reservations are needed for spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Children 17 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.