ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center retreat
A stay at this Manchester City Centre hotel places you steps from Manchester Palace Theatre and a 5-minute walk from The Gay Village. Manchester Art Gallery and Bridgewater Hall are also within half a mile (1 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar/lounge. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center and free WiFi in public areas. Self parking, a coffee shop, and limo/town car service are also offered.
Soaking tubs, free WiFi
Boasting deep soaking bathtubs, the 270 guestrooms also offer free WiFi and 24-hour room service. Other amenities include refrigerators, coffee/tea makers, and flat-screen TVs with digital channels.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
51.0% of guests recommend out of 1505 reviews
About the Principal ManchesterLocation Oxford Street, Manchester, England M60 7HA
There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and a meeting room are available. Public spaces have free WiFi. Event space at this hotel measures 25446 square feet (2364 square meters). A fitness center, multilingual staff, and concierge services are also featured at the luxury Principal Manchester. For a fee, parking is available. This 5-star Manchester hotel is smoke free.
- 270 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 25446 sq ft of conference space
- 2364 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1902
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business center (24 hours)
- 1 conference room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Wedding services available
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Manchester (MAN) (14.4 km / 8.9 mi)
- Train station: Manchester Manchester Oxford Road Station (0.1 km / 0.1 mi)
- Metro station: St Peters Square Station (0.5 km / 0.3 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Principal Manchester offers 270 accommodations with safes and complimentary bottled water. 21-inch flat-screen televisions come with digital channels. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations with deep soaking bathtubs, bathrobes, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and blackout drapes/curtains. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Deep soaking tub
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Digital channels
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:00 AM and on weekends from 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
The Refuge by Volta - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness center.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The credit card used to book the reservation must be presented by the cardholder at check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 18 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: GBP 30 per pet, per night
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The name of this property was previously The Palace.
This property's elevator (lift) is 55 inches (1.4 meters) wide. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cribs (infant beds) available
- Only service animals are allowed
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: GBP 20.00 per day
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 15 per 24 hours
- Pet fee: GBP 30 per pet, per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Palace Hotel Manchester
- Palace Manchester
- Principal Manchester Hotel
- Principal Hotel
- Principal Manchester
- Principal Manchester Hotel
- Hotel Principal Manchester Manchester
- Manchester Principal Manchester Hotel
- Hotel Principal Manchester
- Principal Manchester Manchester
- The Principal Manchester
- Principal Hotel
- The Palace Hotel
You should know
- One child 18 years old or younger stays free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
Green / Sustainable Property
This property participates in Green Tourism Program, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.