Travelocity Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLos Angeles-area hotel atop oceanfront bluffs
Popular property highlights
When you stay at The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows in Santa Monica, you'll be on the beach, a 5-minute drive from Santa Monica Pier and 10 minutes from Venice Beach.
This 5-star hotel is 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from University of California Los Angeles and 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from Sony Pictures Studios.
Make yourself at home in one of the 302 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Digital programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy Californian cuisine at Fig Restaurant, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from the bar/lounge or one of the 2 bars/lounges. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), limo/town car service, and a computer station. Planning an event in Santa Monica? This hotel has 25000 square feet (2323 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Perched on scenic bluffs overlooking Santa Monica Beach, The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is three blocks from the shops and restaurants of Third Street Promenade, and eight blocks from Santa Monica Pier.
Exhale Mind/Body Spa is available to guests and offers five treatment rooms, including a manicure/pedicure salon, massage room, facial treatment room, and an array of comprehensive spa services. Pool-side and in-room treatments are available. Guests who want a workout can take cardio classes in the fitness center.
The Fairmont's 12 meeting rooms and event space accommodates up to 900 guests. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in the lobby. Limo service is provided for transportation within three miles (based on availability). Valet parking is available (surcharge). From Memorial Day to Labor Day, this California hotel offers a beach-club shuttle to the beach, beach towels, beach chairs, and umbrellas.
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Year Built 1914
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 12
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Outdoor pool
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2323
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 25000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 302
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 10
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 5.99-10.00 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Number of bathrooms -
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
FIG Restaurant - FIG Restaurant is a seasonal, Mediterranean-influenced bistro, featuring wood-fired dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients from hand-selected farmers and purveyors in California. Inspired by Chef Yousef Ghalaini’s early childhood spent baking and cooking with his Grandfather in Lebanon, FIG Restaurant delivers an ingredient-driven menu in a casual ambiance, celebrating modern and bold Mediterranean flavors enhanced by our wood-fired oven and grill.
The Lobby Lounge - Intimate lobby lounge with views of the adjacent koi pond. Serving lunch, dinner, cocktails, imported and domestic beers, and wine by the glass. Cappuccino and espresso are also available.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests at this Los Angeles-area location enjoy a year-round outdoor splash pool and spa tub set amid lush landscaping. The 24-hour fitness facility provides free weights, cardio equipment, and men's and women's locker rooms with saunas. Complimentary bicycle rentals are available for guests.
The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is across the street from Palisades Park's jogging and walking path, and four blocks from Santa Monica Beach.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
The Exhale Mind/Body Spa at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows offers a relaxation lounge; a menu of therapy services and fitness programs; and fully appointed changing rooms with steam, sauna, lockers, and showers. A spa pavilion includes five therapy rooms and an area dedicated to nail care.
- Sauna in spa
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 30.00 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 5.99-10.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Fairmont Hotel Miramar
- Fairmont Miramar
- Fairmont Miramar Bungalows
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel Bungalows
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows Santa Monica
- Miramar Bungalows
- Miramar Fairmont
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.