ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Heart of Bangkok
Your stay at this Bangkok City Centre hotel places you within 2 miles (3 km) of Iconsiam and Lumphini Park. Siam Center and Siam Paragon Mall are also within 3 miles (5 km).
A full-service spa, 10 restaurants, and 2 outdoor pools are all featured at this luxury hotel. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the business center, laundry service, and free valet parking. Enjoy the 2 outdoor tennis courts and perks like free self parking and a free area shuttle.
IPod docks, WiFi
The 331 guestrooms feature thoughtful touches like pillow menus and bathrobes, while refrigerators and coffee/tea makers offer the conveniences of home. LCD TVs come with cable channels, and other amenities include WiFi and iPod docks.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
95.0% of guests recommend out of 4958 reviews
About the Mandarin Oriental, BangkokLocation 48 Oriental Avenue, Bangkok, Bangkok 10500
Renovations + Closures
The property will be renovating from 01 March 2019 to 15 October 2019 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Dining venue
- Swimming pool
- Select guestrooms
Guests will have access to the following alternate facilities during the renovation:
- Outdoor pool
The following facilities will be closed from 01 March 2019 to 15 October 2019 (dates subject to change):
- Swimming pool
During renovations, the hotel will make every effort to minimize noise and disturbance.
Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok offers its guests a full-service spa, 2 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and an outdoor pool. There are 10 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. Public spaces have WiFi for a fee. A business center and limo/town car service are available. Event space at this hotel measures 21229 square feet (1972 square meters) and includes a conference center. A children's pool, a fitness center, and a sauna are also featured at the luxury Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. A shuttle from the airport to the hotel (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. Free self parking and valet parking are available. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 5-star Bangkok hotel.
- 331 guestrooms or units
- 3 buildings
- 10 dining venues
- 21229 sq ft of conference space
- 1972 sq m of conference space
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Cabanas by the pool (free)
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Conference center
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Onsite shopping
- Smoking in designated areas
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge) , Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
Free self parking , Free valet parking
- Airport: Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.) (36.8 km / 22.9 mi)
- Train station: Bangkok Hua Lamphong Station (2.6 km / 1.6 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle; airport pick-up
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok offers 331 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and DVD players. Beds feature down comforters and premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. LCD televisions come with cable channels and pay movies. Guests can make use of the in-room refrigerators, coffee/tea makers, and minibars. Bathrooms include showers, bathrobes, slippers, and complimentary toiletries. In-room wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include safes and complimentary bottled water. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Movies for purchase
- DVD player
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Down blanket
- Pillow options
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM and on weekends from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Lord Jims - This restaurant specializes in seafood and serves lunch and dinner.
Le Normandie - This fine-dining restaurant specializes in French cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Open select days.
The China House - This restaurant specializes in Chinese cuisine and serves brunch, lunch, and dinner. Open select days.
Riverside Terrace - This restaurant specializes in barbecue and serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Open daily.
Ciao - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with an outdoor pool. In addition to a children's pool, other recreational amenities include outdoor tennis courts, a sauna, and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes on site
- Fitness classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The Oriental Spa has 14 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include Swedish massages, Thai massages, facials, and body wraps. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy, Ayurvedic, and hydrotherapy. The spa is equipped with a spa tub and a steam room.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 12 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 14
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Swedish massage
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 12
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Lord Jim's, The Verandah, and Riverside Terrace are closed until October 16, 2019.
Airport transportation is offered 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for THB 1800 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No cribs (infant beds) available
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: THB 21000
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: THB 13500 (from 6 to 12 years old)
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: THB 1200 for adults and THB 600 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: THB 642 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: THB 642 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: THB 642 per day (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: THB 6500 per vehicle
- Rollaway bed fee: THB 1800 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental Bangkok Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
You should know
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Children 12 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok is listed in the 2018 Travel + Leisure 500.