FAQs about Air New Zealand Flights
Where does Air New Zealand fly?
Life is one great journey made up of exciting adventures — isn't it about time you went out and experienced another one? Whether you're craving a hectic city escape or some downtime in nature, there are plenty of destinations to uncover with Air New Zealand.
To give you an indication of just how busy Air New Zealand keep their flight crews, here are some numbers for their top domestic routes:
- Wellington Airport (WLG-Wellington Intl.) to Christchurch Airport (CHC-Christchurch Intl.) with 1,242 flights every month
- Christchurch Airport (CHC-Christchurch Intl.) to Wellington Airport (WLG-Wellington Intl.) with 1,221 flights every month
- Wellington Airport (WLG-Wellington Intl.) to Nelson Airport (NSN) with 1,097 flights every month
- Christchurch Airport (CHC-Christchurch Intl.) to Auckland Airport (AKL-Auckland Intl.) with 967 flights every month
After a long vacation? Gather some ideas with these top Air New Zealand international routes:
What airline is NZ?
- Sydney, NSW Airport (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) to Auckland Airport (AKL-Auckland Intl.) with 264 flights every month
- Auckland Airport (AKL-Auckland Intl.) to Los Angeles, CA Airport (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.) with 261 flights every month
- Los Angeles, CA Airport (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.) to Auckland Airport (AKL-Auckland Intl.) with 252 flights every month
- Auckland Airport (AKL-Auckland Intl.) to Singapore Airport (SIN-Changi) with 243 flights every month
NZ is the IATA code of Air New Zealand. The International Air Transport Association (IATA) assigns all airlines a two-character code to standardize and streamline identification and communications. Air New Zealand Post Booking Tips
How to I find my flight number?
- When you've finalized your booking, take a look in your inbox for your itinerary. Your flight number is in this document. You won't have too many problems pinpointing it — just keep an eye out for a code containing numbers and letters. The first one to two letters and digit are called an IATA airline code and represent the airline you're traveling with. Following this are one, two, three or four digits which make up your flight number.
How early can you check bags for a flight?
- If you're eager to arrive at the airport with plenty of time to spare, you'll be happy to hear that you can check your bags in up to three hours before an international flight and two hours before a domestic one. Not sure what the check-in closing times are? For international flights, it's one hour prior to departure. For domestic flights, it's usually 45 minutes.