Tahiti Island Half-Day Tour Afternoon Tour
- Experiencing nature & culture of Tahiti Island in half a day
- Great panoramic views over the island from Taharaa Lookout
- Scenic stop at Pointe Venus, where Europeans made landing
- Gorgeous waterfall & lush greenery at the Vaipahi Gardens
- Opportunity to witness & explore ancient Polynesian temple
Live Commentary in English and French
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- If you are pregnant, you should not take part.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, please take any necessary precautions. Consult a medical professional before taking any medication.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- This activity is not available for people travelling on cruise ships.
- Hotel pick up and drop off is available to the following properties: Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort, Royal Tahitien, Tahiti Nui, Tiare Tahiti, Airport Motel, Manava, InterContinental, Le Meridien, Pension de la Plage, and Relais Fenua.
- You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.
What you can expect
Take a tour of Tahiti to discover the island's many treasures. Travel around the island in a half-day excursion, including stops at Taharaa Lookout, the famous Pointe Venus, Vaipahi Garden, the Mara'a Grotto, and the ancient 'Arahurahu Marae.
Begin your tour with the incredible panorama on display at the Taharaa Lookout, with the Tahita coast and Moorea in the background. Take some photos before heading to Pointe Venus, the site where Europeans first made landing on the island. James Cook named it after the planet, commemorating the observation of Venus that was made on his scientific voyage.
Visit Vaipahi Garden, a vivid and varied tropical garden featuring a wonderful selection of endemic plants in an exotic arrangement. The garden's gorgeous waterfall serves as the centerpiece to this island getaway. Head down a hill to the Mara'a Grotto, a magical cave filled with a lake that hides its true depth with an optical illusion.
Finally, visit the ancient 'Arahurahu Marae, Tahiti's best example of an ancient Polynesian temple and meeting place. Now fully restored and maintained as a museum, the marae is used to reenact old Polynesian ceremonies during the July Heiva Nui celebrations.
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app