Rioja: Guided Winery Visit with Wine Tasting and Food
- Savor the flavors of local wine accompanied by traditional dishes and meats
- Taste two glasses of wine from the winery while learning about Rioja winemaking
- Admire the stunning wine murals Guido Van Helten painted on 13-meter-tall tanks
- Visit an industrial winery built in the 70s that has been completely renovated
- Take part in the Best Wine Tourism Experience of the Spanish Wine Routes 2020
Menu I: Meat
This menu includes 2 seasonal starters, a plate of pochas beans, a varied assortment of meats and Rioja sausages roasted with vine shoots accompanied by a green salad, and to finish off a creamy rice pudding, paired with glasses of Crianza wine.
Menu II: Meat and Fish 3-Course Meal with Desert
Seasonal starters paired with Crianza, a second course of fish paired with white wine, a third course of meat paired with Reserva, pepper pudding, organic veal, white beans, cod or veal cheeks, and red wine ice cream
Menu III: Small Bites of Meat and Fish
This option includes tastings of sausage, meat, fish, and beans, and glasses of Crianza and Reserva wines.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Not allowed: Pets
- Not suitable for: Children under 18 years
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
What you can expect
Visit the Bodegas Solar de Samaniego on a guided tour. Explore this innovative winery, awarded the Best Wine Tourism Experience of the Spanish Wine Routes 2020, and marvel at the intricate murals spaced throughout the winery.
Park at the winery to begin your tour. Meet your guide and start your visit inspired by the Drink Between the Lines project. Enjoy a fusion of the cultures of wine and literature as you explore the winery's renovated outdoor spaces next to the vineyard designed after an international competition with the UNESCO Chair of Cultural Landscapes and Heritage.
Walk through the unique spaces of the recovered winery and learn how the Bodegas Solar de Samaniego turns their grapes into delicious wine.
At the end of the tour, choose between several meal options and enjoy a tasting under the Cathedral of Wine mural by the renowned Australian muralist Guido van Helten.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
More you might like for your dates
RIOJA UNCORKED - Private Enological Adventure9h5.0/5(1)Free cancellation available
Price is $402 per adult
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app