Kancamagus Scenic Highway Self-Driving Audio Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Discover the hidden beauty of the White Mountains
- Find stunning overlooks and lush hiking trails
- Hear the ancient legends of the Pennacook tribe
- Drive between awe-inspiring mountain peaks
- Experience jaw-dropping colors in the fall
Kancamagus Scenic Highway Self-Driving Audio Tour in English
Turn your phone into Audio Guide + Live Map.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- This is a self-guided tour; no guide will accompany you. The Action Tour Guide app functions as a guide, an audio tour, and a map all in one.
- Please arrange for a vehicle before you take the tour. You only need to book one tour per vehicle, not per person.
- After the booking, you will receive an email with a link to the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password to access the tour within the app.
- This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists.
- Most stops along the tour have animated videos allowing you to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms.
- This tour is valid forever - from the moment of booking. You will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change.
What you can expect
Enjoy the spectacular autumn leaves of the Kancamagus Scenic Byway with a self-guided audio tour! This scenic highway runs through New Hampshire’s world-renowned White Mountain National Forest. The leaves’ vibrant displays makes “The Kanc” the ultimate scenic roadtrip during the fall colors season - or any season! Learn all about the Kancamagus, the landscape, and it’s history as you drive along with this self-guided audio tour.
Recommended: Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together!Here's how it
Once you book a tour, you’ll immediately get a confirmation email. Soon, you’ll get two more messages: a text and an email. These contain instructions on downloading our Action Tour Guide app and using a unique password to access your tour. Follow the instructions. To begin touring, go to the Starting Point and launch the tour. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
This tour doesn’t include entrance ticket to the attractions along the route. Check COVID guidelines and opening hours before your visit.
No expiration — the tour is available from the minute you book until forever!
Points of Interest along the Kancamagus Highway Tour:
Welcome: White Mountains Visitor Center
Lincoln & Old Man of the Mountain
Red, Yellow, Orange Oh My!
A Celestial Bear Hunt
Moose-Spotting & Bird-Watching
Turn for Otter Rocks
Otter Rocks Day Use Area
Turn for Hancock Overlook
Mount Hancock & Mount Washington
Two More Overlooks
CL Graham Wangan Overlook
Turn for Sabbaday Falls
Lighting the Lantern
Turn for Russell-Colbath House
Rocky Gorge Scenic Area
Albany Covered Bridge
Turn for Albany Covered Bridge
Saco River Curse
Beavers vs Astors
Last of the Pennacook
Conclusion: Conway’s Saco Ranger Station
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app