Atlantis Submarine and Sunset Dinner Cruise
Cleaning and safety practices
- Submarine tour in the tropical waters off the Kona coast
- Large viewing ports to see coral reefs & vibrant marine life
- Chance to explore 25 acres (10 ha) of natural coral reef
- Guided three-hour dinner cruise at sunset aboard Kanoa II
- Chance to see Kealakekua Bay & Captain Cook's Monument
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- You must be at least 3 feet (1 m) tall to ride the submarine.
- You must be able to independently navigate a nearly vertical 10-step ladder into and out of the submarine.
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Delve beneath the ocean's surface on this remarkable submarine experience, immersing yourself in an underwater world just off the Kona coastline. Descend to depths of up to 100 feet (30 m) to see the rich marine life that inhabits these tropical waters.
From Kailua Kona's Pier, board a shuttle boat that whisks you over the waves to a waiting submarine. Climb on board and settle into a seat next to one of the large viewing ports. Sunlight trickles down from the surface, and the ocean floor is yours to observe.
Your friendly captain and crew offer running narration as you begin your descent and explore over 25 acres (10 ha) of vibrant, natural coral reef. Marvel at the intricate coral formations, the flitting schools of tropical fish, and keep your eyes peeled for sea turtles, moray eels, and other marine life as you cruise this interconnected ecosystem.
Enjoy your time in the Big Island's serene and peaceful underwater paradise. This fascinating, eco-friendly tour on a battery-powered submarine is an unforgettable way to experience the world beneath the surface of the sea.
Then, board a 65-foot (20-m) catamaran and take a three-hour guided historical relaxing dinner cruise along the Kona coastline. An onboard historian shares stories with you about Hawaiian history en route to Kealakekua Bay, where a scrumptious dinner is served. Live entertainment and magnificent scenery set the tone for the evening.
Cruise 12 miles (19 km) down the Kona coastline aboard Kanoa II while a local historian points out areas of interest and historical sites. See Captain Cook's monument, which was raised in the beautiful Kealakekua Bay, where the captain arrived in 1779. He died just weeks later in a battle with native Hawaiians.
Upon arrival at the bay, a Hawaiian-style buffet dinner is served. While dining, be entertained by live music. As your return cruise begins, enjoy the magnificent colors of the sunset.
The Kanoa II is a multi-million dollar vessel designed with quality and comfort in mind. Enjoy plenty of shade, cushioned seating, flat-screen televisions, a full sound system, and a premium bar.
Current Dinner Cruise Menu
- Tropical Fruit Platter
- Tropical Goat Cheese Spread & Crackers
- Kalua Pulled Pork & Cabbage
- Coconut Porter Braised Brisket
- Grilled Pulehu Chicken
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Steamed Rice Vegetable Pilaf
- Garden Salad
- Punalu’u guava and taro dinner rolls & butter
- Tropical Dessert
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
5.0 average out of 5 rating of 1 reviews
Sort reviews by
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app