Seattle is gorgeous. The jewels of the "Emerald City" are undoubtedly its evergreens, which seem to decorate every open space. Beyond the foliage, the blue waters of Puget Sound are a joy to behold from the window seat of all inbound Seattle flights, which eventually land at Seattle-Tacoma International (SEA). The city is an outdoor lover's paradise, starting with the waterways that invite kayaking or sailing. For land-bound adventures, hike or bike the 18.8-mile length of the Burke-Gilman Trail for paths through maples, firs, lakefronts, and parks. Take a break from the trees by visiting the Seattle Art Museum, watching the Seattle Opera, or listening to live music at local pubs. Many vacation packages include access to these attractions—as well as an outstanding price on Seattle airfare.
Transportation from SEA
Flights to Seattle’s airport are plentiful, and you'll no doubt want to freshen up upon landing before your urban explorations begin. Seattle hotels near the airport offer the closest accommodations, although you'll find rooms at all price levels throughout the city. The quickest way downtown is through Link Light Rail, located on the fourth floor of the parking garage. If you were lucky enough to have found some of the cheapest flights to Seattle through Travelocity, you'll be relieved to know that light rail is also inexpensive. Courtesy shuttles from your hotel generally pick up passengers at Islands 1 and 3 on the third floor of the garage. Taxis and limos also wait for you in that same location. Several group shuttles are available, on the lower level at Baggage Claim. If you want to rent a vehicle, head outside the doors near baggage carousels 1 or 15. A free shuttle can then take you to the rental car facility.
Hotels Near SEA
Thanks to its close proximity to downtown—just a short 15-mile ride—you don’t have to stop at a road-side motel when you land. Instead, you can head right into central Seattle and stay at one of these impressive places:
- The Westin Seattle – The Westin’s twin cylindrical towers are signature components of Seattle’s famous skyline, so you know the views are incredible. The location is great, too—just a short walk from Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, Washington State Convention Center, the Monorail, and both Safeco and CenturyLink Fields.
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel – Whether you are in town for business or pleasure, the Sheraton has you covered. With over 75,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center, you have everything you require to host your next industry event. Impeccable concierge service, three on-site eateries, and the pool and fitness center located 35 floors above street-level, take care of all of your vacation needs, as well.
- Seattle Marriott Waterfront – Overlooking Elliott Bay, this beautiful property is the perfect mix of high-tech amenities and luxurious accommodations. Smart televisions and high-speed Wi-Fi keep you connected. And executive bedding and striking views keep you pampered in style.
- The Paramount Hotel – Punctuated with understated elegance, the Paramount welcomes its guests to the Emerald City with simple luxury. With a 50” television, Bluetooth speaker system, and fiber-optic Wi-Fi, you’ll enjoy every high-tech advantage. And contemporary furnishings, lush bathrobes, and abundant natural light will have you resting in quintessential comfort.
Things to Do Near SEA
With so much picturesque scenery to take in during your getaway to the Pacific Northwest, why not get started exploring as soon as you leave the airport? Here are some of our favorite spots to stretch your legs close to SEA airport:
- Take a hike – What better way to get the blood flowing back into your legs that with a stroll along Puget Sound’s shoreline? With Seahurst Park, Normandy Park, and Des Moines Beach Park all close by, you can take your pick of picturesque trails.
- Pike Place Market – Take a hands-on cooking class, be entertained by the talented buskers, or take a selfie next to Rachel—a bronze piggy bank that serves as the market’s unofficial mascot. Make sure to drop a charity donation into Rachel’s coin-slot.
- Cedarbrook Lodge – Soothe away the tensions of a long flight with a relaxing spa treatment, enjoy a wine-tasting class, or simply stroll around the lush greenery on this amazing 11-acre property just a 5-mile drive from the airport.
Get mobile-exclusive deals on the Travelocity app, including bargain hotels or Seattle flight deals. When it’s time to book, make sure you request a window seat when you purchase your plane tickets to Seattle, so you can admire the expansive views of verdant forests and deep azure water. From the natural wonder surrounding the city to the bright lights downtown, Seattle is sure to be your new favorite travel destination.