Get an overview of this hotelWashington, DC grande dame on Lafayette Square
Popular property highlights
With a stay at The Hay-Adams, you'll be centrally located in Washington, minutes from Ellipse and White House.
This 5-star hotel is close to George Washington University and Ford's Theater.
Make yourself at home in one of the 145 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a 24-hour fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. This hotel also features babysitting/childcare (surcharge), wedding services, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Planning an event in Washington? This hotel has 15500 square feet (1440 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Hay-Adams in Washington, DC offers a distinguished address across Lafayette Square from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall.
Amenities include a complimentary 24-hour business center, 24-hour room service, and banquet facilities.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 145
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1928
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 8
- Conference space size (meters) - 1440
- Conference space size (feet) - 15500
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 13
- Multilingual staff
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Turndown service
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Free toiletries
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Free dial-up Internet access
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Lafayette Room - Contemporary American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and Sunday brunch. Dinner Monday through Friday evenings. The Hay-Adams' Lafayette Room is elegant and sunny.
Off the Record Bar - Classic American dishes for lunch and dinner. The décor includes red-plush booths and walls decorated with caricatures of current political players—the drawings are changed regularly.
On weekdays, start your day with a cooked-to-order breakfast for a surcharge. You can order up room service around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 10:30 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per day
- Hay-Adams Hotel
- Hay-Adams Hotel Washington
- Hay-Adams Washington
- Hay Adams Washington Dc
- The Hay-Adams Hotel Washington Dc
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Hay-Adams is listed in the 2017 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2016 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.