Get an overview of this hotelAsian opulence overlooking the Tidal Basin
Popular property highlights
A stay at Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. places you in the heart of Washington, minutes from Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument.
This 5-star hotel is close to Ford's Theater and White House.
Make yourself at home in one of the 397 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and DVD players. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. 37-inch LED televisions with premium TV channels provide entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this Beaux Arts hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar and a garden view. You can also stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Washington? This hotel has 30000 square feet (2787 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.
This Washington DC luxury hotel features a 50-foot indoor lap pool, a fitness center with personal trainers and yoga classes (surcharge), and a 14,000-square-foot health spa offering an array of massage therapies and beauty treatments (surcharge). Dining options include a restaurant serving international cuisine and local produce, a lounge with garden views, and 24-hour room service. Valet parking is available on site (surcharge).
The Mandarin Oriental's business center provides printing, faxing, copying, shipping, and secretarial services (surcharge for all). Meeting and event space includes 2 ballrooms, a 5,000-square-foot outdoor terraced garden with marina views, and 9 meeting rooms for more intimate gatherings. Audio-visual equipment and event catering are available.
This is a smoke-free property.
- Indoor pool
- Spa tub
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 16
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-in
- Total number of rooms - 397
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 9
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 2004
- Wedding services
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Computer station
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Electric car charging station
- Luggage storage
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 2787
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 30000
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 15 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 15 per stay )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 15 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room massage available
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Muze - The hotel's all-day dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine with an Asian influence. Boasting local produce and waterside views, Muze serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Empress Lounge - Groups of plush armchairs and couches provide intimate spots for signature cocktails, wines, and spirits, as well as afternoon tea, a selection of coffees, and light fare including miniature sandwiches and scones. This sunken lounge off the lobby also features 2-story windows offering garden and river views.
Start your morning with a buffet breakfast, available each day from 6 AM to 10 AM for a surcharge. You can order up room service around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
A 50-foot indoor lap pool is adjacent to 2 walls of full-length windows that open onto a sundeck overlooking the Potomac River. The fitness center has stationary bikes, treadmills, and ellipticals, which are all equipped with small televisions, as well as exercise balls, free weights, and weight machines. Personal trainers and yoga classes are available for a surcharge.
The Spa at MO is the place to be for rest and relaxation. This 10,500-sq-foot escape offers manicures and pedicures, body treatments, massages, a sauna, and spa services influenced by the Time Rituals™ concept. Eight treatment rooms, plunge and vitality pools, a steam room, and Zen relaxation rooms are also available.
A footbridge links the hotel to Washington Marina and the East and West Potomac parks, which run along the banks of the Potomac River. Toward the park's southern end, Hains Point provides a tennis court, a playground, a two-tiered driving range, miniature golf, and an 18-hole golf course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Sports massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Number of treatment rooms 8
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per day, plus a one-time cleaning fee of USD 100.00 and a deposit of USD 100.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 29 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 15 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per day plus USD 100.00 one-time cleaning fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington D.C.
- Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C.
- Washington D.C. Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C. Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental D.C. Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental D.C.
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.