Travelocity Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelDowntown Washington, DC hotel near White House
Popular property highlights
A stay at JW Marriott Washington DC places you in the heart of Washington, within a 10-minute walk of Ford's Theater and White House.
This 4-star hotel is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Washington Monument and 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from Capital One Arena.
Make yourself at home in one of the 777 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Don't miss out on recreational opportunities including a sauna and a 24-hour fitness center. This hotel also features concierge services, gift shops/newsstands, and a television in a common area.
Satisfy your appetite with American cuisine at Avenue Grill, a restaurant where you can enjoy drinks at the bar and dine alfresco. Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Need to unwind? Take a break with a tasty beverage at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Washington? This hotel has 37,000 square feet (3 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
JW Marriott Washington DC
Next to the National Theater, the recently renovated J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue, is 2 blocks from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall. The hotel offers 29 meeting rooms, including a 13,680-square-foot ballroom. Wireless Internet access is available in the 2-story lobby and adjacent restaurants. Guests can also use a business center with high-speed Internet access.
The 24-hour fitness facilities includes a sauna. Dining and drink options include an American restaurant, an international lounge, and a Starbucks.
- Express check-in
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 29
- Year Built 1984
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 3
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 37,000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 777
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 15
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: ,
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- LCD TV
- Cable TV service
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
1331 - Open for lunch and dinner, this lounge offers tapas and other international dishes in a room with dark grey banquettes, recessed lighting, and nine televisions. Guests can plug laptops into tableside jacks for high-speed Internet access.
Avenue Grill - The split-level restaurant serves American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and offers an outdoor terrace overlooking Pennsylvania Avenue. A bar area with a fireplace is located on the upper level.
Nearby Things to Do
J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue's 24-hour fitness facilities include five treadmills, four stationary bikes, three stair machines, several weight machines, and free weights.
A mile south of the hotel, Washington, DC's National Mall has a tree-lined walking and running path. Two miles away, the 18-hole golf course at Hains Point is perched on the banks of the Potomac River.
There's a two-tier driving range and a miniature golf course.The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 68.44 per night (in/out privileges)
- JW Marriott Hotel Washington DC
- JW Marriott Washington DC
- JW Washington DC
- JW Washington DC Marriott
- Marriott JW Washington DC
- Marriott Washington DC
- Washington DC JW Marriott
- Washington DC Marriott
- Jw Marriott Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.