"Not close to transportation, basic service, goog staff"
Stayed on this hotel last May 1st , 2012
Be AWARE: On Italy, you have to pay tax for each night you spend there if you are not resident, in Venice you pay 2 euros per night per person.
I spend some days in different cities on Italy , Milan, Florence, Rome, and I guess this was the less recommendable hotel.
I had this hotel as part of a Mapaplus tour, I don’t know if this makes any difference on the room amenities, but following you can find my observations:
The Hotel is not foot walk to Venice at all! And no stores around, only a gas station, in fact it is close to the highway, and if you want a map of the city you can get it for .2 euros.
Transportation to Venice:
• You can use the hotel shuttle which takes you from – to the hotel on different schedules, the price is 8 euros per person round trip
• You can take the bus, for this option you should walk around 5 blocks to find the “main street” and then get the bus, you buy the ticket for it in any “Tabachin” store , the price is 2 euros round trip
The room was clean, kind of larger space from the average on Europe , however consider the following:
• No Frigobar
• No coffeemaker
• No Watter (I guess any of the hotels on Italy offer free water)
• No Free WIFI (3 euros for 15 minutes)
As any on Europe only opened from 7-10 a.m and later 19-23 pm
• The breakfast included was hot buffet, the usual scrambled eggs, cereal, ham, beacon , coffee , juice
• The breakfast was not bad
• Staff was very nice
• The elevators are terrible small!! (only 2 people with luggage) and they fail frequently, it might look without importance on paper but when you see a large group of people trying to catch the elevator to get their room, it turns a very inconvenient situation
DariaOnRun from Mexico