ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
On the beach
Your stay at this Playacar property places you within 6 miles (10 km) of Playa del Carmen Main Beach and Mamitas Beach Club. Playacar Golf Club and Plaza Las Americas are also within 6 miles (10 km).
This all-inclusive property features a full-service spa, a marina, and 3 restaurants. Relax with sun loungers and beach umbrellas, and cool off with a drink at the beachside bar. There's fun for all ages with a free kid's club and a children's pool, and free childcare is an added bonus.
In addition to LED TVs with cable channels, the 196 guestrooms offer WiFi and furnished balconies or patios. Refrigerators, free bottled water, and ceiling fans are also available.
The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort ratings based on 73 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort
Feb 13, 2019 by Micaela Castilla - Brand Executive
Dear guest, We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to welcome you the past days. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at The Reef Playacar. Kind regards,
This is not a great all inclusive deal
Awesome hotel on the beach
May 30, 2018 by Micaela Castilla - Brand Executive
Dear Brian, Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful experience at our hotel. We must say we cannot express enough our satisfaction about the positive experience and sensational time you mention to have spent in our property. We are very proud of our staff who works hard to ensure that our guests are feeling comfortable and have everything they may need for a memorable stay. When their efforts are acknowledged it makes all their work worthwhile and so we will be delighted to share your kind comments with them. Thank you for highlighting our variety of food. Our executive Chef and Restaurant Manager will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed our delicious food. Your satisfaction is our reward; we really appreciate the time you took to provide us your positive feedback and would be happy to welcome you here again. Kind regards,
Jul 19, 2017 by Micaela Castilla - Brand Executive
Dear Gloria, We appreciate your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. We apologize for all the inconveniences you had in you room, we wish you had told us before you check-out, in order to give you a proper solution. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the spa treatments. We would be pleased to welcome you and your daughter back at The Reef Playacar. Kind regards,
Small but pleasant. Quaint & beautiful!!
Aug 31, 2017 by Micaela Castilla - Brand Executive
Dear Bob & Family, It is a pleasure to read such a wonderful and detailed review. We are proud to hear that you keep a beautiful memory of your recent vacation at our hotel, you can rest assured we will share your kind words with our entire team and management. Indeed, our wonderful position in Playacar allows us to provide unique and recreational vacations. It is a separated, safe and quite neighborhood, which is surrounded by nature and only a few minutes far away from the heart of Playa del Carmen, the 5th Avenue. Please rest assured that your feedback has been displayed in the hotel for all our staff to see, especially for Hector. They will be truly motivated by your kind words, as they continuously endeavor to go beyond our guest’s expectations of service. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our beautiful beach and the non-motorized water sports. We would be pleased to welcome you and your family back at The Reef Playacar. Kind regards,
Ok for price
Jul 11, 2017 by Micaela Castilla - Brand Executive
Dear queen b, We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to welcoming you on the past days. It is a pleasure to know that you liked our location, beach and our hotel facilities. We are sorry to know that you did not enjoy our the food offered in our buffet and snack bar together with the drinks. We try very hard to please all our guest wishes by offering a variety of dishes at the buffet and two a la carte restaurants. Regarding the swimming pool please let us inform you that we have staff that is in charge of cleaning it every day to provide our guests a comfortable and nice surroundings to enjoy. We do hope to have the opportunity of hosting you in the future, so we can change your perspective and offer you the hospitality that distinguishes us. Kind regards,
Great value resort
The beach makes everything ok
Not as good as the first time we stayed there.
Not an all inclusive
About the The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach ResortLocation Ave. Xaman-Ha, Playa del Carmen, QROO 77710
This property is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included. Additional gratuities at guests' discretion are accepted.
Food and beverages
- All buffet and à la carte meals, snacks, and local beverages included
- Dining and beverage availability limited at one or more venues
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports, land activities, and use of recreational facilities and equipment are included.
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Fitness facilities
- Supervised activities for children between 4 and 12 years old
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Onsite live performances
- Motorized water sports
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving excursions
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Snorkeling excursions
- Surcharge for premium food items
- Premium and/or non-domestic beverages
- Surcharge for bottled wine
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Wireless Internet access
- Activities and services offered by independent operators
- Offsite tours
- Transportation to offsite activities
- Kayaking included
- Sailing included
- Surfing/boogie boarding included
- Taxes included
- Buffet and à la carte dining
- Airport transfers not included
- Premium/non-domestic beverages not included
- Fitness facilities included
- Premium food items not included
- Wireless Internet access not included
- Volleyball included
- Laundry/dry cleaning services not included
- Childcare not included
- Scuba diving excursions not included
- Snorkeling excursions not included
- Scuba diving certification not included
- Motorized water sports not included
- Bicycling included
- Spa/beauty facilities and services not included
- Activities/services from independent operators not included
- Transportation to offsite activities not included
- Offsite tours not included
- Scuba diving lessons not included
- Aerobics classes/lessons included
- Dancing classes/lessons included
- Onsite entertainment and activities included
- Language classes/lessons included
- Local beverages and soft drinks only
- Gratuities included
- Additional gratuities accepted
- All food and beverages included
- Food and beverage restrictions apply
- One or more venues limit dining availability
- One or more venues limit beverages
- Surcharge for premium food items
- Surcharge for premium or imported alcoholic beverages
- Surcharge for bottled wine
- All non-motorized water sports included
- Onsite live performances included
- All land activities, and recreational facilities and equipment included
- Snorkeling included
The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort is an all-inclusive property. Room rates include meals and beverages at onsite restaurants and bars. Other items and amenities, including taxes and gratuities, and access to recreational activities and entertainment may also be included. Additional charges may apply for meals at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, certain beverages, and other amenities. Spend the day at the beach and work on your tan with sun loungers (chaise longues) or relax in the shade with umbrellas. At The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort you can cool off in one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools and indulge in a pampering afternoon at the full-service spa. There are 3 restaurants on site, as well as a coffee shop/café and a snack bar/deli. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include a beach bar, a swim-up bar, and a bar/lounge. This all-inclusive property also offers a complimentary children's club, a children's pool, and a fitness center. Free self parking is available. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 3.5-star Playa del Carmen property.
- 196 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 18 buildings
- 3 dining venues
- 5167 sq ft of conference space
- 480 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1998
- Bar on the beach
- Bar by the pool
- Swim-up bar
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Kid's club (free)
- Supervised kid's activities (free)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Towels for the beach
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business facilities
- 1 conference room
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Television in lobby
- Onsite shopping
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Children's pool
- Supervised childcare/activities (free)
- Children's club (free)
- Snack bar/deli
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Playground on site
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge)
Free self parking
- Airport: Cancun, Quintana Roo (CUN-Cancun Intl.) (58.8 km / 36.5 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort offers 196 air-conditioned accommodations with complimentary bottled water and hair dryers. Rooms open to furnished balconies or patios. 32-inch LED televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations and complimentary toiletries. This Playa del Carmen property provides wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and ceiling fans. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Private balcony or patio (furnished)
- LED television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Safe (surcharge)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ceiling fan
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort has 3 restaurants on site.
Guests of The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort can stay busy with a full slate of activities including non-motorized water sports such as kayaking and paddle boarding, land sports such as bicycling, and various games and contests.
Staff can help arrange a variety of tours and excursions, as well as tee times at Golf Course Playacar, located across the street.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling on site
- Free bicycles on site
- Fishing on site
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Cave exploring/spelunking nearby
- Beach volleyball on site
- Kayaking on site
- Skydiving nearby
- Parasailing on site
- Ziplining nearby
- Playground on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Sailing on site
- Boat tours on site
- Scuba diving on site
The on-site spa features garden views, and offers a variety treatments, including body wraps, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy and sport massages, waxing, braiding, and nail care. A spa tub is available, and beachside massages can also be arranged. Surcharges for all services.
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No elevators
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: MXN 15 per day (rates may vary)
- An in-room safe is available for an additional fee
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort
- Reef Playacar Beach
- Reef Playacar Beach Resort
- Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort Playa del Carmen
- Reef Playacar Beach Playa del Carmen
- Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach
- Reef car Inclusive Resort
You should know
- Reservations are needed for golf tee times, massage services, and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the property before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.