ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
You'll be within 3 miles (5 km) of Abbazia di Sant'Antimo and 9 miles (15 km) of Fortress of Montalcino. Horti Leonini is within 20 miles (32 km) and Palazzo Piccolomini is within 32 miles (40 km).
This smoke-free hotel features an attached winery, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the free WiFi in public areas, laundry service, and valet parking. Enjoy the 2 outdoor pools and free perks like continental breakfast and free self parking.
Free WiFi, LCD TVs
Boasting comforts such as premium bedding and down comforters, the 45 guestrooms offer thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers. LCD TVs come with digital channels, and other amenities include free WiFi and minibars.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
91.0% of guests recommend out of 887 reviews
About the Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & WineryLocation Località Velona, Montalcino, SI 53024
A winery is on site. Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery offers its guests a full-service spa, 2 outdoor swimming pools, and 4 spa tubs along with an indoor pool and a health club. There are 3 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. Free breakfast is available daily. Public spaces have free WiFi. A sauna, spa services, and a terrace are also featured at the luxury Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery . Free self parking is available. This 5-star Montalcino hotel is smoke free.
- 45 guestrooms or units
- 3 dining venues
- Continental breakfast (free)
- Winery on site
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Towels for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- 1 conference room
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Florence (FLR-Peretola) (135.9 km / 84.5 mi)
- Property shuttles: Area shuttle
- Parking: Free self parking; valet parking available for a surcharge
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery offers 45 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Beds feature down comforters and premium bedding. LCD televisions come with premium digital channels. Bathrooms include rainfall showerheads, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and complimentary toiletries. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily. Amenities available on request include hypo-allergenic bedding.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Digital channels
- Premium channels
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Down blanket
- Rainfall showerhead
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
Guests are served free continental breakfast daily from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Settimo Senso - This restaurant serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Il Brunello - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Dolce Vita - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves brunch, lunch, and light fare. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
2 outdoor swimming pools and 4 spa tubs are on site along with an indoor pool. Other recreational amenities include a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Mountain biking nearby
The onsite spa has 7 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include sports massages, facials, body treatments, and manicures and pedicures. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with hot springs/mineral springs, a sauna, a spa tub, and Turkish bath/hammam. Public bath/onsen services include an indoor public bath (no mineral springs).
The spa is open daily.
- Number of treatment rooms 7
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Sports massage
- Indoor public bath (no mineral springs)
- Outdoor public bath (no mineral springs)
- Hot springs/mineral springs in spa
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: EUR 10 per accommodation, per night
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Pets are not permitted in common areas of the property. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city and collected at the property. This tax is adjusted seasonally and might not apply year round. Other exemptions or reductions might apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5.00 per person, per night, up to 4 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: EUR 5 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per accommodation, per night
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Castello di Velona
- Castello di Velona SPA Resort & Winery
- Castello di Velona SPA Resort & Winery Montalcino
- Castello di Velona SPA Winery
- Castello di Velona SPA Winery Montalcino
- Castello Di Velona Hotel Montalcino
- Castello di Velona SPA Resort Winery Montalcino
- Castello di Velona SPA Resort Winery
- Castello di Velona Resort Thermal Spa Winery Montalcino
- Castello di Velona Resort Thermal Spa Winery
- Castello di Velona Thermal Spa Winery Montalcino
- Castello Velona Thermal Winer
You should know
- All guests (including children) need to be present at check-in to show their government-issued photo ID or passport.
- Onsite cash transactions can't exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For more details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.