Get an overview of this hotelDowntown Union Square hotel near shopping and historic attractions
With a stay at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, you'll be centrally located in San Francisco, steps from Yerba Buena Gardens and minutes from Union Square.
This 4-star hotel is close to Lombard Street and Fisherman's Wharf.
Make yourself at home in one of the air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a steam room and a fitness center. Additional features at this hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel's dining establishments, which include 3 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
San Francisco Marriott Marquis780 Mission Street San Francisco CA 94103
The San Francisco Marriott Marquis is just south of Market Street, downtown's main thoroughfare. Yerba Buena Center for the Arts is across the street and the Moscone Convention Center is a block away. Union Square shopping, the historic cable cars, Chinatown, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern art are within a quarter-mile (0.4 kilometer) of the hotel.
The hotel's Chill Zone/Work Zone is decorated in warm wood tones with modern furnishings. A concierge desk in the lobby is staffed with certified "Clefs d'Or," members of the national organization of hotel lobby concierges. A FedEx Office located on the B2 Level offers convenient solutions for your business (surcharges apply). WiFi access is available in the lobby for a surcharge.
Dining and refreshment options include the Bin 55 Restaurant and Wine Bar for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The View Lounge for cocktails and light fare.
Enjoy a soothing massage in the full-service spa (surcharge). Guests also have complimentary access to a fitness center, which offers cardio machines, and fitness equipment. Lockers are available at an additional charge.
This hotel is entirely smoke-free.
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 39
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service spa
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Total number of rooms - 1,499
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 59
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1989
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Steam room
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 14.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The View Lounge - Located on the 39th floor of the hotel, this lounge features views of the San Francisco skyline through dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows. Open from late afternoon to late evening daily.
Bin 55 Restaurant and Wine Bar - Featuring a variety of California wines and craft beers; serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
No room service available.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests of the San Francisco Marriott Marquis have complimentary access to the 4th-floor fitness center, along with an outdoor sun patio. The large fitness center offers cardio equipment and free weights. Women's and men's locker rooms are accessible for a surcharge.
Across the street, the Rooftop at Yerba Buena Gardens includes an ice-skating rink, a bowling alley, a small playground, and a carousel. One mile (1.6 kilometers) away, the Embarcadero offers a bayside promenade popular for walking, biking, jogging, and in-line skating. A seasonal ice-skating rink is located at the Embarcadero Center. Kayaking and rock climbing facilities are within 3 miles (4.8 kilometers).
Boating, fishing, sailing, and surfing are offered at various areas around the San Francisco Bay, including several beaches within 3 to 10 miles (4.8 to 16.1 kilometers) of the hotel. The Presidio Golf Course, 4 miles (6.4 kilometers) from the hotel, is open to the public.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make special requests for accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service animals are allowed
- Breakfast fee: between USD 22 and USD 28 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 70 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 70.70 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel San Francisco
- Marquis Marriott San Francisco
- Marquis San Francisco
- Marquis San Francisco Marriott
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Union Square Hotel
- Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco Marquis
- San Francisco Marquis
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis