Travelocity Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelPersonal valet parking service one block from Union Square
Popular property highlights
A stay at JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square places you in the heart of San Francisco, walking distance from Union Square and Fairmont San Francisco.
This 4-star hotel is close to South Park and Lombard Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 344 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Premium TV channels provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Partially open bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services. Additional features at this hotel include gift shops/newsstands and a fireplace in the lobby.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has 12446 square feet (1156 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square features a small, but well-equipped, fitness center (complimentary) with stair machines, treadmills, bikes, and weights; wireless Internet access throughout the hotel (surcharge); and a business center that offers computers with high-speed Internet access, printer, fax, and copiers (surcharge). The hotel also offers a car charging station.
The hotel features 13 meeting and conference rooms that total 1,237 square meters (13,314 square feet) of space.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Electric car charging station
- Meeting rooms 14
- Year Built 1987
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1156
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 12446
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 344
- Number of floors - 21
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 17.95 per day ), Wireless internet access ( USD 17.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 17.95 per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels provided
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pillowtop mattress
- Flat-panel TV
- Partially open bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Level III Restaurant - Located on lobby level. Serving contemporary California cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Level III Bar - Adjacent to restaurant. Signature cocktails and wine list with focus on Northern California wineries.
Room service is available from 6 AM until 11 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square offers a 24-hour fitness center with treadmills, stair machines, cross-trainers, stationary bikes, and free weights.
The hotel is a half-mile from the Yerba Buena Gardens, which include a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area. Nearby 18-hole golf courses include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course, both within five miles of the hotel. Golden Gate Park, also five miles away, offers walking and running trails, a children's playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per accommodation, per stay, plus a USD 75.00 deposit
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 21 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 17.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 17.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 17.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 75.24 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 75.00
- Pet fee: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
- JW Marriott Hotel San Francisco Union Square
- JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
- Jw Marriott San Francisco Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Pan Pacific Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Jw Marriott
- JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.